Favourite first game of the season

Blackpool at home in 1998. Loyalty and defiance writ large, from where we are now reaping the rewards; and some.
Yes.
Accompanied by the song about what they could do with their Tower, sung again after the last match of that season with "treble" replacing "tower."

I loved Blackburn away 09.

Great ground, first game for big money signings Adebayor, Tevez, Barry, Kolo. Felt like we had a proper team with a genuine chance of being good.

The black kit we played in sticks out as well.

It was just an exciting time, the signings, the Umbro kits, even the shitty doves concert a few weeks earlier in the pissing rain, everything just built up to that first game and we didn’t do a typical city, we felt the real deal.
Mad as fuck seeing Adebayor and Tevez, kept thinking someone me was about to wake up from a beautiful dream!

I'm also going for West Ham, but the 2019-2020 season. Won 5-0 just three months after being at Brighton to see us win the league and even the home fans were commenting about how good we were.

I loved Blackburn away 09.

Great ground, first game for big money signings Adebayor, Tevez, Barry, Kolo. Felt like we had a proper team with a genuine chance of being good.

The black kit we played in sticks out as well.

It was just an exciting time, the signings, the Umbro kits, even the shitty doves concert a few weeks earlier in the pissing rain, everything just built up to that first game and we didn’t do a typical city, we felt the real deal.
Remember being down the front of the Darwen end getting pissed wet through!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.