Favourite first game of the season

Was just about to put this. After the depression of relegation Keegan's appointment was the perfect tonic.

Berkovic and Bernarbia tearing the league to shreds.
Great atmosphere that day. Late ish kick off (I think) meant a few beers in town before. Watford tipped by a few to go up too.

Also a noteworthy fixture as it was Charvet's only good game in a City shirt.

My first thought. I would say the atmosphere that night was slightly ferrel

Thought we would smash that league after that result :))
Yeah...was almost like we refused to accept the possibility losing that day. Genuine goosebumps at the reception we gave the team as they came out; statistically the worst City team in our (then) 104/111/118 year history.

Last edited:
As others have said the 07/08 2-0 over WestHam.. main memory though had been waiting since Anelka for a striker that could consistently bag over 10 a season(I know), thought Bianchi was the one. Were a couple of one season wonders(Fowler and Robinho) but we had to wait until Tevez.

Even Charvet was decent in that game.

Steady now. Haha. Enjoyed that season. Obviously being the best team in the league helped but ITV showed a number of games on terrestrial too in that ill-fated deal. Was certainly more confident of staying up after that season than Royle's back to back team. I loved Keegan and was disappointed when he left but we didn't have a bottomless pit of money that he always seemed to need. Don't think a number of players would have come to us if he wasn't in charge at the time like Anelka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.