Favourite Horror Movies?

I've seen practically everyone of the titles mentioned when I look in this thread i've been such a horror fan, although I must admit that in the last couple of years my interest has waned.
Be it because im 43 now or that i've admitted to myself that im a devout athiest - and as such I now find possesion/evil/demon/ghost stuff absolutely laughably silly- the only horror sub genre that I still enjoy is the psychological one.
I still watch them all though as I'm a sucker for jump scares for the adrenaline pump!

Anyway, just a side note, here's a beautiful piece of music, the theme to Cannibal Holocaust. Although I love it it always makes me feel slightly sick as well due to the content of that film!

I've seen practically everyone of the titles mentioned when I look in this thread i've been such a horror fan, although I must admit that in the last couple of years my interest has waned.
Be it because im 43 now or that i've admitted to myself that im a devout athiest - and as such I now find possesion/evil/demon/ghost stuff absolutely laughably silly- the only horror sub genre that I still enjoy is the psychological one.
I still watch them all though as I'm a sucker for jump scares for the adrenaline pump!

Anyway, just a side note, here's a beautiful piece of music, the theme to Cannibal Holocaust. Although I love it it always makes me feel slightly sick as well due to the content of that film!

I swear this is true.. I pulled a woman in the Tiger Lounge in town last year, went back to hers and she put this on in the background! Im not sure if she knew what it was, but i did! Shagging to the theme of cannibal holocaust is definitely one to tick off the bucket list

My favorite "fantasy horror" film is John Carpenter's The Thing. I could watch that film every day for a year. But the film that has truly scared me more than any other is the original Last House On the Left by Wes Craven. It's not so much a horror film as a look into murderous insanity. You watch it and say, "this can happen anywhere!"

I swear this is true.. I pulled a woman in the Tiger Lounge in town last year, went back to hers and she put this on in the background! Im not sure if she knew what it was, but i did! Shagging to the theme of cannibal holocaust is definitely one to tick off the bucket list

Wow I bet that was surreal. I'd have shit myself personally!
Did you not start thinking of the "willy chopping" scene?!

I'd rather listen to the music in a garden with a cup of tea come to think of it lol

Yep i'll go with John Carpenter a legend in film making loved Christine and The Fog plus assault on Precinct 13 and of course The Thing...

But for me ALL hoorors are ruined if you've seen any of the Scary Movie spoofs!!

10. Rec
9. 28 days later
8. Alien
7. Let the right one in
6. The Cabin in the Woods
5. It Follows
4. The Conjuring
3. Bone Tomahawk
2. The Descent
1. The Silence of the Lambs

The Shining for me.

Amazing film in all aspects: Actors, location, story, cinematography, music, sound effects, special effects, all amazing. Suspense (and blood) by the bucket load.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.