Favourite Horror Movies?

I've seen practically everyone of the titles mentioned when I look in this thread i've been such a horror fan, although I must admit that in the last couple of years my interest has waned.
Be it because im 43 now or that i've admitted to myself that im a devout athiest - and as such I now find possesion/evil/demon/ghost stuff absolutely laughably silly- the only horror sub genre that I still enjoy is the psychological one.
I still watch them all though as I'm a sucker for jump scares for the adrenaline pump!

Anyway, just a side note, here's a beautiful piece of music, the theme to Cannibal Holocaust. Although I love it it always makes me feel slightly sick as well due to the content of that film!

Never heard of this film before so just googled it and think i will give it a big miss. Watch a clip called 'invitation for dinner' and it looks truely horrific.

I enjoy a good horror and even some truly shit ones. I never find them scary though. Probably because I don’t believe in the supernatural. Tend to enjoy the horror more when it’s peopje being the cunts.

Spooks, devils, demons, vampires, are about as scary as Blue Peter.

Never heard of this film before so just googled it and think i will give it a big miss. Watch a clip called 'invitation for dinner' and it looks truely horrific.

My brother got that and another called Cannibal Ferox on video, back in the day. They were bloody gruesome.
Sure they were snuff movies.

My brother got that and another called Cannibal Ferox on video, back in the day. They were bloody gruesome.
Sure they were snuff movies.
Reading about canibal holocaust today and the producer was arrested and charged as the authorities thought it was so realistic. Only when he produced the actors (they had a clauses in their contracts to effectively go into hiding for a year to ensure its realisticness) did the authorities drop the charges.

The Exorcist is still up there for me. Also fond of the first Nightmare on Elm Street although it isn't particular scary, especially nowadays.

Hostel disturbed me more then scared me, and found The Fourth Kind ate away at some pesonal fears bit isn't really that scary. Plus, I know it is classed as sci fi but Alien and Aliens are incredibly atmospheric.

Scream was great and holds up well, for anyone looking for a quirky take on horror then check out Dog Soldiers, Ginger Snaps, The Trail of the Screaming Forehead, and Repo Genetic Opera.

Reading about canibal holocaust today and the producer was arrested and charged as the authorities thought it was so realistic. Only when he produced the actors (they had a clauses in their contracts to effectively go into hiding for a year to ensure its realisticness) did the authorities drop the charges.

Some bloody good make up, then. The make up artist/s should've swept the oscars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.