Favourite non-city player

Matt Le Tissier = genius.

Gary Lineker = Sharpshooter.

Paul Gascoigne = mentally deranged talent

........................ That's just the english players from 20 years ago,I've a list as long as your arm!

Corky said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Current - Messi, quite simply the worlds best attacking player
Past - Zidane, best centre midfielder i've seen since i've been watching football

Always liked Batistuta aswell but opted for Zidane

G.O.B. was he best stiker in the A series for half a decade, he was one of my favorites, saw him in Firenze a few times 10-15 years ago.

Other than that it has to be Steve Claridge for gaining us promotion.

Class act was 'batigol'. His goalscoring record especially at international level was outstanding, always remember that goal he scored at Old Trafford aswell

He scored to beat the in Firenze earlier in that group, I was on holiday (missed Barnsley at home) but watched it with the locals, Balbo finished it off. I went after Goater won us the match at the Valley and came back to watch a 0-1 v Hudds, one of many Marcus Stewart headers to come

Messi.

Untouchable when he's on form - ellegantly gliding on the grass. And he doesn't dive like the majority of the continental players. He was kicked to pieces during El Classico but still proved his point with an exquisite finish against (IMO) the best keeper in the world. True professional.

i will be shot for this, but as an Irish man and a city fanatic i have to accept that he was lethal Roy Keane!

Bobby Moore.

A gentleman on and off the pitch, and a true sportsman.

We could do with a few more like him today.

n_mcfc said:
Hmm, favourite non-City players for me include, Zola, Zidane, Bergkamp and Gascoigne, most of them around the mid-late 90's, when we were in the shit, I'd see these players on the box and begin to realise the difference in class.

At the moment though, I'd struggle to say. I don't really associate Messi, Kaka, Henry or Ronaldinho with those 4 players, just yet. But, in the Premier League, I'd probably have to say Lampard. (tin hat) When we played Chelsea this year, he was unbelievable, and was probably the best player I've seen at COMS in one game. He dominated the midfield and basically stole the show. I used to give him a load of stick, but since the Champions League final last year, I've somehow began to realise what a class act he actually is. I don't like Gerrard in the same way due to his diving, rare wreckless challenges and the way that he is rated much higher than Lampard. Maybe it's just me, but I'd take Lampard over Gerrard every day.

Completley agree with you. He scores more goals than any other central midielder and the way he controls games is class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.