Favourite, Non-City, players of all time?

Maradona was just unbelievable for me, he could make the ball talk. Bergkamp wasn't far off, and from current players I'd have to pick Torres.

Gary Lineker always respected him remember when playing for Spuds he jogged on towards the kippax whom all applauded him he warmed up for a bit then came over and started to sign autographs for City fans! Just missed out but had he signed for everyone kick off for that match would have probably been 3am not pm! And the key thing of course the '86 was the first world cup I have clear memories of!

I always loved to see Ian Wright at Maine Road.

I know he can be a bit of a gobshite at times on Talksport, but he certainly used to make events entertaining & he was the type of character that is sadly missing from todays game!

I remember the last time he played (I think it might have been for Burnley) & the whole ground game him a huge ovation, to which he responded in kind. Respect from the terraces has to be earned & that moment demonstrated that he had our respect & we had his!

Maradona, for me is the greatest to ever kick a ball.

A player not nearly on the same level but one who was always entertaining to watch was rubber-legs himself Faustino Asprilla. Apologies to Mr Keith Curle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.