Favourite non English language film

daveduke67 said:
ono said:
Well i said 3 things about it....

It's Brazilian - Correct

It's about the Brazilian police force who are portrayed as being corrupt - Correct

And it's decent - Of course that is my opinion.

No, i think i definitely watched it. Infact, i'd even go as far to say that i own a copy.

Photo proof required - you holding dvd case one hand, a copy of todays paper in the other, the menu page of the dvd on a tv behind you and your pc/laptop showing this very page on screen. And 'ONO' written in red lipstick across your bare chest. Otherwise your claim to actually own this film can continue to be called to question.

;-)

Funny, har har.

You can own a film, but not understand anything about it.

You just own a copy.

Bigga said:
daveduke67 said:
Photo proof required - you holding dvd case one hand, a copy of todays paper in the other, the menu page of the dvd on a tv behind you and your pc/laptop showing this very page on screen. And 'ONO' written in red lipstick across your bare chest. Otherwise your claim to actually own this film can continue to be called to question.

;-)

Funny, har har.

You just own a copy.
If i didn't understand anything about it i wouldn't have bothered recommending it. I didn't feel it was necessary to explain the deeper meaning of the film considering i was recommending at least a dozen films.

I hope you are consistent with your own nit-picking anyway, and i can only hope you strive to describe the deeper meanings in every film you watch.

So many of my favourites have already been mentioned - Amerlie, The Lives of Others, La Haine (so powerful and eye-opening it had a genuine impact upon French politics), Fitzcarraldo, the Three Colours trilogy, City of God, Cinema Paradiso (watched it six times. Cried six times)....

Here's some I havent seen name-checked so far....

Raffifi - French heist film. They shoot the actual robbery in real-time (about twenty minutes) and you're chewing your nails off!

The Wages of Fear - 1950s French thriller. One of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Incredible film thats been stolen from time and time again yet never given the credit it deserves.

Closely Observed Trains - Czech film about the war. Sublime.

Belleville Rendez-Vous

Le Boucher

Carandiru - Set in a Brazillian prison. Mesmerising and as good as City of God.

Irreversible

A Bout De Souffle - The Frenchest film ever made. Brilliant from the first frame onwards with an ending that makes you want to climb through the screen and hug Jean Seberg.

Woman In The Dunes - A 60s Japanese film. A woman lives in a small shack that is completely surrounded by high dunes. She cannot get out so water and food is dropped down by locals. One day a guy falls in and they live together.
Strangely erotic. I pleasured myself and felt a bit odd about it afterwards.

Ahhh so many more but I'll stick with them.

ono said:
Bigga said:
Funny, har har.

You just own a copy.
If i didn't understand anything about it i wouldn't have bothered recommending it. I didn't feel it was necessary to explain the deeper meaning of the film considering i was recommending at least a dozen films.

I hope you are consistent with your own nit-picking anyway, and i can only hope you strive to describe the deeper meanings in every film you watch.

I do.

I see you've never read any of the brief synopsis on films I've watched.

I am consistent, ta.

Bigga said:
ono said:

I do.

I see you've never read any of the brief synopsis on films I've watched.

I am consistent, ta.
I must have missed them.

You are consistently pedantic so i guess i believe you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.