favourite opposition fans

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
salfordpaul said:
after travelling home and away for many yrs watching city i have my favourites for the place/ground and craic.

west ham- similar to us, great fans

newcastle - great memories-very knowledgable fans

not too keen on midland teams-but looking forward to sampling reading and southampton never been to them as yet.

who are your faves and why

I remember returning to my car after a slightly fortuitous victory for City at Newcastle in the League Cup around December 1994. Everybody was in high spirits until we saw the number of Cty fans shovelling glass out of their vehicles.
Trust me, when you've driven back from Newcastle without a windscreen in minus temperatures your attitude towards the Geordie nation is slightly negative.
I'm not saying that City fans are angels, but it's all subjective.

I had my mini bus nicked at the same game, my passengers were upset cos it was full of beer. Had to get 3 taxis back. That apart I like the Geordies and the Sunderland fans.

Few years ago we battered a team like 6-0 or 7-0 and the other fans were still singing. They were singing a song to the tune of Seven Nation Army. Mad bastards they were.

West Ham different class.

Also,I went to Rotherham when we drew 1-1 and me and my Dad were in a back street boozer and the Rotherham fans we met that day were the most knowledgeable on football yet.

When we won 0-1 at Walsall I watched in the Walsall end with a Walsall friend and a mate of his sang at the City fans"where were you when you were good"refering to the fact our attendances got better the worse we got.Made me smile as the guy obviously knew his stuff unlike some of the premier dicks we now get coming to our place.

The fans who took me by surprise were Timisoara in Romainia. We had nothing but negative publicity before the game yet they turned out to be the most charming hosts that I'd ever encountered.
Anybody who was at that BBQ before the game (and the beer garden after) will know exactly what I mean.

York,they were very hospitable,and would love to go back there one day...NOT,oh sorry 3/4 of you on here never went....sorry bout that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.