Favourite Restaurants Abroad

mancity dan

Just come back from Tunisia and went to an amazing restaurant called Le Mediterranee in Port El Kantaoui. Food and service was amazing. Was recommended to go there by my dad who had gone years before with my late mum. Prices weren't extortionate and a lovely view over the marina too.

Would highly recommend this place to everyone if they get the chance to go over there.

What is your favourite restaurant abroad?

Aletri Taverna and restaurant Agia Marina Crete
I have been in tavernas all over Greece and this is the best of the lot, directly opposite the Hotel Atrium on a quite narrow side road you can sit on your hotel balcony and look direct into the restaurant, the taverna has been in the family for over 150 years and i think they only employ family members
The food is to die for, Kleftiko comes in a sealed waxed paper package on your plate, the waiter cuts it open in front of you, the smells that come out are heavenly
Mrs Undies is a Stifado expert and said the Alteris is the best in Greece, they even do Veal Stifado which was a first for me and it was divine
They also have a take away pizzarella attached to the end of the taverna, you can shout your order to one of the staff and they will do it, superb place

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
L'Astrance, Tailevent and Le Meurice.
All in Paris, and all excellent.
El Raco Del Mariner is the best seafood restaurant in Barcelona, and possibly the world.

Went to Taillevent years ago. Class but prices reflected its Michelin stars. I worked in Paris a lot during the 90's and the number of top quality bistros banging out 3 course menus for very affordable prices (£30-40) was, and doubtless still is, amazing. La Regalade down in the 14th arr. was always a favourite

Precious Old China in the central market in Kuala lumpur, although I love eating at the food stalls in the markets when in malaysia
La kabylie in Bastille an Algerian restaurant fantastic Tagine
have to agree in Barca El Raco Del Mariner is fantastic
E and O hotel in Penang Is amazing
if your in my neck of the woods my local brewery is great http://www.brauhausgoldenerengel.de/index.php?article_id=12
and as England is abroad for my while in exile, this is the place I miss most is This and That cafe, hmmm I would love rice and 3 for lunch today

David's in Rousillon, La Ferme De La Huppe on the road from Gordes to Bonnieux, La Faragoule on the road into Gordes. There was one in Isle Sur La Sorge which I can't remember the name, but was probably the best lunch I've ever had.

Practically any restaurant in France come to think of it, also had some great food around the Greek Islands.

Florence, Italy, McDonalds , it tastes better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.