Favourite Restaurants Abroad

BWTAC said:
There was one in Isle Sur La Sorge which I can't remember the name, but was probably the best lunch I've ever had.

I consulted with Mrs Fetlocks regarding this, which I try to avoid at all costs, and she reckons the best two restaurants in L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue are Cafe Fleurs Au Jardin d'Aubanel, and Le Vivier.
She then walked off muttering that the place is a twee shithole, and that Provence should be avoided at all costs, presumably because it isn't Paris.
She's a fucking idiot, and I won't be talking to her again today.

Es Pla in beautiful Fornells, menorca.

dsc01206.jpg

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BWTAC said:
There was one in Isle Sur La Sorge which I can't remember the name, but was probably the best lunch I've ever had.

I consulted with Mrs Fetlocks regarding this, which I try to avoid at all costs, and she reckons the best two restaurants in L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue are Cafe Fleurs Au Jardin d'Aubanel, and Le Vivier.
She then walked off muttering that the place is a twee shithole, and that Provence should be avoided at all costs, presumably because it isn't Paris.

And that's why the rest of France hate Parisians, I've got nothing but sympathy for you for being married to one.

BWTAC said:
BWTAC said:

And that's why the rest of France hate Parisians, I've got nothing but sympathy for you for being married to one.

She doesn't even like Parisians if they are from La Rive Droite.
If she was ever to log into the Cellar, she would be banned quicker than even my personal best.

My all time fave is:

Joe's Downstairs in Phucket

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.baanrimpa.com/seaside-restaurant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.baanrimpa.com/seaside-restaurant/</a>

It juts out over the edge of a cliff face and over hangs the sea.
It is owned and run by a pony tailed ex New York mafioso who got out alive and with his money (allegedly)
(well that's we he told us very late one night at the bar)

A fantastic location, truly great food, superb atmosphere and terrific staff.
I really can't fault this place in any way.

L'Astrance, Tailevent and Le Meurice.
All in Paris, and all excellent.
El Raco Del Mariner is the best seafood restaurant in Barcelona, and possibly the world.
That the one at the Olympic harbour? The Balaxi in Barca is excellent, lots to choose from in France had a very good meal in the Fleur des Mers (Les Sables -D'Olonne) last year and love the Calabash in Grenada

The best steak I've ever had was at a place called The Archduke in London. It didn't get great reviews so not sure if it was just a one off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.