Favourite Yaya moment?

Then you get fans like this who defend a player who coasted for two years without breaking a sweat. He didn't single handily carry us anywhere. He also got shit loads of credit for the many good things he done. He got player of the year 2014 what more credit could he possibly get? No excuses for how he declined and didn't try after 2014 up until this season. Fantastic player, fantastic contribution, shit agent, shit attitude.
Its a shame that you can't just remember the good which far outweighs the bad....

He is a unique talent , one which we will never see the likes of again

the 2 games that stand out for me was Newcastle away and Palace away when we won the league the 2nd time

His performance at Palace was the best i had ever seen from a player in a City shirt..

Last edited:
Great thread! For me it's definitely the one in the final vs stoke!

The Stoke goal was immense, what an absolute cracker of a player, a real rolls Royce, should really have won much more at City than he has

Will be sad to see him go

He's a great player, no argument. But if we hadn't have bought him, maybe we would/should have bought somebody else who would have been influential in different ways

To say we wouldn't have won things without him, is highly speculative with no real basis
when he didn't play we were poor.
he's unique and one of the best players i've ever seen.
every player has a weakness and yaya's have been well documented in here,but his strengths are immense.

when he didn't play we were poor.
he's unique and one of the best players i've ever seen.
every player has a weakness and yaya's have been well documented in here,but his strengths are immense.

He was the best midfielder in the world a few seasons ago

1. FA Cup final goal
2. Newcastle away goal
3. League Cup final wonder goal
4. FA Cup semi final goal
5. That moment in the 2012 title run-in derby when Phil Jones burst out of defence on the attack only for Yaya to run him down, throw him off the ball and run back up the pitch with it
6. The goal against Villa in the 2014 title run-in when he ran about 3/4 the length of the pitch
7. When he picked up Adam Lallana (fucking wannabe-hardman little gimp) in the League Cup final
8. Winning penalty in the League Cup final
9. His songs "Ya ya ya, Yayayaya Yayayaya Toooouuuurééé", Yaya-Kolo dance (it even started a craze!), "So before he breaks away and he scores...."
10. 24 goals in 2013-14

I could go on and on. I don't give a shit about all that cake/contract shit, Yaya Touré is arguably in the top three Premier League players with Henry and CRonaldo and arguably THE most important City player of all time. The love I have for that man is huge.

There have been games where he's had 125 passes with 95% pass completion, there have been games where he's just played it and the other 21 players on the pitch have danced around the way he's wanted them to. I've seen Messi and CRonaldo live a number of times yet I've never seen a better live performance from any footballer as good as Yaya was that night we beat the Rags 1-0 at home in 2012. Has anyone scored as many important goals for this club?

Yaya Touré, you are the epitome of a club legend and you will be missed! What a player, what a fantastic player!

That was romantic and excellently literates, what a legend!

I love how he slaps people about, you can tell all the players in opposition teams have huge respect for this man mountain

A beast of a player and that goal in the cup final that started our upward spiral is up their with Kun's in my book. When this guy wants to get the ball, take control of it and run with it, no player can stop him.

If only we could turn back time eh, and get a 22 year old Yaya this summer

Then you get fans like this who defend a player who coasted for two years without breaking a sweat. He didn't single handily carry us anywhere. He also got shit loads of credit for the many good things he done. He got player of the year 2014 what more credit could he possibly get? No excuses for how he declined and didn't try after 2014 up until this season. Fantastic player, fantastic contribution, shit agent, shit attitude.

How can you be so incomparable and put on the weight he had for two seasons. How can you be so professional and drive at 150 mph in a British motorway. How can you be so tea total and get done for drink driving. How can you be a legend yet demand a new contract by the end of the week.

Wait until he leaves and wait for his quotes when he does.

Best passer I have seen at City but no favourite of mine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.