Favourite Yaya moment?

I find it weird that some blues criticise him , lack of work rate , blah blah blah

The man is a colossus and none of the trophies we have won since the takeover would have happened without his contribution

Let that sink in , we would't have won a single trophy since the takeover if it wasn't for Yaya

In twenty years time he will be regarded as our greatest ever player, he will have the quintessential moments that will be remembered as era defining. Silva , while just as good doesn't have the catalogue of moments that Yaya does

Very well said .... and as much as I admire Silva your last sentence speaks volumes

So many, but for some reason the one that stands out for it's beauty rather than it's importance was home against Spurs when he played a 1-2 with Fernandinho in the middle of the pitch and ran the ball to the edge of the penalty area with panicking defenders trying to keep up. Without looking up he played perfect ball to Aguero who finished first time. Never saw the pass coming, nor did the keeper or defenders. Looked liked he was going continue through towards goal or shoot but he knew exactly where Aguero wanted it and it more or less bounced onto Kun's boot at the perfect height without him having to adjust his stride at all.

I find it weird that some blues criticise him , lack of work rate , blah blah blah

The man is a colossus and none of the trophies we have won since the takeover would have happened without his contribution

Let that sink in , we would't have won a single trophy since the takeover if it wasn't for Yaya

In twenty years time he will be regarded as our greatest ever player, he will have the quintessential moments that will be remembered as era defining. Silva , while just as good doesn't have the catalogue of moments that Yaya does

So in the same respect is he the reason we have struggled the last 2/3 years due to him just not being arsed? Coming into play this season has shown the two years previous was a serious lack of work rate to the cause. That clip of him in Madrid still makes my blood boil.

Yaya was certainly the big game player and popped up with important goals, Silva has been consistent since the day he signed whilst not taking the piss out of the club.

Great player, plenty of great moments and the villa goal was probably the highlight of his prowess for me, albeit not the most important.
Think it speaks volumes that all his highlights up to now are from 2/3 years ago.

This guy is a colossus, where would we be without his goals, all the important ones are listed on this thread I know but find any premiership footballers top 10/20 goals and compare them to Yayas top 10/20, he is special.Would like him to stay as a squad player as he is a legend, anyone who only sees the bad things need sympathy. Good luck from me Yaya whatever you decide to do.

So in the same respect is he the reason we have struggled the last 2/3 years due to him just not being arsed? Coming into play this season has shown the two years previous was a serious lack of work rate to the cause. That clip of him in Madrid still makes my blood boil.

Yaya was certainly the big game player and popped up with important goals, Silva has been consistent since the day he signed whilst not taking the piss out of the club.
Perhaps he was a bit sick of carrying the team on his back and getting none of the credit?

Perhaps he was a bit sick of carrying the team on his back and getting none of the credit?

Then you get fans like this who defend a player who coasted for two years without breaking a sweat. He didn't single handily carry us anywhere. He also got shit loads of credit for the many good things he done. He got player of the year 2014 what more credit could he possibly get? No excuses for how he declined and didn't try after 2014 up until this season. Fantastic player, fantastic contribution, shit agent, shit attitude.

Great player, plenty of great moments and the villa goal was probably the highlight of his prowess for me, albeit not the most important.
Think it speaks volumes that all his highlights up to now are from 2/3 years ago.

summed up to perfection

But the old Yaya would eat the current one for breakfast
Better yes, but I'm absolutely sure that Yaya is under instructions this season NOT to run at the opposition defence. Quite often you think he's staring to go for it but stops and passes it to a City player in space.It happens 2 or 3 times in every game that YaYa plays so there has to be a reason.
I think that the possibility of losing possession in central midfield is of more importance to Pep than the major probability of scoring or causing major disruption to the opposition defence . Any player who goes for it - even if the opposition offer up the space for a run - is normally dropped for the following game even if they score! (For example Delph and Fernandinho.)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.