FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

100% correct, it's either Aguero is past it or we're sloppy...a load of entitled whinge-bag nonsense. The 2nd half tonight was a glorified testimonial and people are moaning that we didn't give everything we have.
Who was moaning about that?

Or were many of us rightly saying Pep would not be happy with the sloppiness being displayed when we were trying to close out the game. Sloppiness that would have been punished by better sides, leaving the second leg a much more contentious affair. It had nothing to do with were we “giving everything” and everything to do with the right (Pep) way of closing out a match.

We were clinical, and I’m very happy with the result, but only the most diluted among us would think we were at our best, especially in the last 30 minutes, when we could have conceded two goals at least.

Boggles the mind how people think elite managers and players are perfectly happy with playing poorly as long as they are winning in that moment. You think Pep is happy with that last period of the match? Do you think Sane was? Delph? Kompany? No, they’ll enjoy the win for about 4 hours, go to sleep, and then wake up thinking about the match—with special focus on the last third hour—and how they can improve on their performances and further cut out the errors/bad decisions.

As I said to you on the match day thread when you called me and @stan bowles idiots: this is why they are elite managers and players and you are posting on a forum.

Last edited:
Hehe, bet it’s hard to be happy, consoling and not patronising at this time
Especially when it’s a beautiful Swiss woman you have to consol...

Actually, I take it back, it’s easy. ;-)

Yeah it's a great result and I'm delighted with it as I said. Still doesn't change the fact that we gifted them 3 goals, they just fucked them up (and weren't given the penalty). I don't think them scoring those goals would have changed much, we could have scored as many as we wanted as our attacking today was excellent, but the defending was terrible. It wasn't incisive play, it was aimless balls over the top that we just handled really, really badly. It's not me being unrealistic, we've handled that shit all season with next to no fuss at all.
Please tell me you didn’t really mean that, “we gifted them 3 goals, they just fucked them up”?

Fuck me, I’ve read some nonsense over the years on here but that’s an absolute classic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.