FC Copenhagen (A) | Post Match Thread

Unfortunate to be a man down after 20 minutes, but Gomez will learn and today will feel absolutely gutted about the whole thing. He seems like a bright lad, chin up Sergio.

However considering we spent 70 minute with ten players we did okay and looked very professional.

On the plus note, it's always good to get this sort of incident where it affects the whole team, out of the way early doors.

The other scores helped and many of the team will feel fresh and ready for the scouse nobs.

Need Cancelo, Gunny and Rodders to get their energy's back for weekend, plenty of stretching and rest.

Watching football through the 70s 80s 90s ball hand to ball ect no one had an issue with handball...now it's a constant debate and a big spoiler.

For accidental handball in the build-up to a goal:

-If one player accidentally handles the ball and a team-mate scores, the goal is given;
-However, if a player accidentally handles the ball themselves and goes on to score, the goal will not stand.
So the goal should have been given then? Why is this not questioned after the match ?

Nonsense. Dortmund have to play in Copenhagen, who are unbeaten at home in umpteen games. We will beat Seville at home and probably draw in Dortmund anyway.
I believe that if we beat Saville then we can lose, by 2-1 in Dortmund and still win the group. Dortmund can still drop points in Copenhagen.

It was bit of a shit spectacle to travel over for, but it's a long season, with a lot of games, so no issues with rotating some players. Should have still won the game but it got difficult with 10 players for such a long period. We did enough to qualify and we will do enough to top the group. Bigger games coming up and we need to juggle the PL. No point going shit or bust in a game we didn't need to.

Last edited:
Overall happy with the point given the sending off after 30 minutes. Thought we looked a bit lethargic from the start, Cancelo, Gundo and Akanji in particular didn’t have the same energy as usual. Bizarre refereeing decisions throughout, doubt we get the (incorrectly awarded) penalty if VAR hadn’t (incorrectly) ruled Rodri’s superb strike out. Mahrez continues to frustrate particularly from the penalty spot and, whilst I thought it was harsh you can’t technically argue with the sending off. The Seville/Dortmund draw and subsequent qualification eased the pain.

Anybody else have a bit of a headache after that match last night with the fella on the tannoy nonstop and that was from watching it on tv god knows what it was like at the ground for those ..
Does your telly not have a volume control? If you watch on BT Sport it also enables you to miss the drivel from the commentators.

I know it's a bit late posting this now, but i'm still fuming.

Not about the score line.
Not about the red card.
Not about the ref allowing them to kick us for fun.
Not about VAR.
Not about FFS penalty miss.

No i'm fuming because of the last few minutes.
Is it just me or does it wind you up that we piss about passing the ball sideways and back wards instead of just lumping the ball towards the goal direction.
I know that sometimes match management comes into to play.
But last night really wound me up. I was literally screaming at the TV to pass forwards.
We had a a few minutes to score a goal that would have allowed us to field a weaker squad and rest a few players.
But no, the players just didn't seem arsed.
"FUMIN"!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.