FC Copenhagen (A) | Post Match Thread

It wasn't handball against Spurs ( What 3/4 years ago against Eric ) nothing changes ;-)

I remember it all too well. Still written down in block capitals in my mental little black book. I think Gabby scored from it, didn't he?
Fuck but we've had a bunch of crap decisions against that lot. I'd say it's just about as important that we smash them finally this year as that we smash the dippers.

I remember it all too well. Still written down in block capitals in my mental little black book. I think Gabby scored from it, didn't he?
Fuck but we've had a bunch of crap decisions against that lot. I'd say it's just about as important that we smash them finally this year as that we smash the dippers.
Yep mate it was Gabby and I think I know where you are going with another or two. :-)

Just back home from Copenhagen. Lovely people, lovely (if expensive) City, great beer and food, and I have to respect the Copenhagen fans opposite us who literally jumped and sang all night. Still not a fan of the orchestrated singing and drums they seem to like 'overseas'...but it's quite impressive to see.

But bigger respect for the City fans - I couldn't believe we filled the whole away end for what should have been an easy, mid-week game in one of Europe's most expensive Cities.

Everything about the game has already been said - and I will absolutely cheer Mahrez on whenever he wears a City shirt - but I was disappointed last night...which isn't the first time this season. Let's hope he finds some form soon.

What I did want to say is a shout out to the Copenhagen Police and Stewards. Very light touch, very welcoming and none of that French, Spanish and Portuguese RoboCop bollocks. And, no holding us in at the end of the match for three days - like they did in Lisbon. A model of football policing (with beer out on the stand during the match too).
Still on my was home.another top trip, just wish our fans had made some noise. I tried to get everyone singing near me, I think I managed to piss a few off instead of getting them to join in

At the game and I could not believe the sending off offence was so far outside the box
Looked yards inside from my view.
The first contact where the player threw himself to the floor was outside, the arm linking was both inside and out, but he threw himself well inside, all of which shows the ref was bluffing his way through a grey area, did Garcia hold him? did Garcia stop a goalscoring opportunity? was the player diving before the holding?

Maybe yeah, but do you honestly think they ever looked like scoring against us tonight? I never got a sense of real jeopardy.
No they didn’t look like scoring because we didn’t go at them hammer and tongues with 10 men, few years ago we would have and poss got hit on the counter (may have won as well) but I thought it was wise to stay solid like we did.

Agreed, that assault on JG the 1st or 2nd minute, chopping him in half, was at least a yellow - any argument about how such a challenge can avoid a booking as it is 'too early' in a game is just bollox, sets the wrong tone that they can get away with bad fouls and he got the treatment yet again all night.
Elsewhere, as others have said, JG and Mahrez really should not start together, there is simply no pace on the ball or snap in the passing and, similarly, Phil and Bernie should not both be rested at the same time, we need at least one of them on the park to keep things bubbling along with more energy and have a more dynamic pressure without the ball.
Great point about Phil and Bernie.

No ,if he drags them down in the box it’s a red and a penalty as it isn’t an attempt to play the ball.Same as the Milan player on Mount.
Which is strange as the red card rule for last man was only brought in to stop defenders fouling attackers just outside the box. - I actually thought it was only red in the box if it was dangerous, but I might be wrong.

It wasn't handball against Spurs ( What 3/4 years ago against Eric ) nothing changes ;-)
At that time it was handball (assuming there was contact) as any touch on an attacker's hand was deemed handball. They realised it was a stupid interpretation soon after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.