FC Copenhagen (A) | Post Match Thread

The DT this morning seem to be laying the disallowed goal, the pen miss and the sending off at Pep's door and it wouldn't have happened the way it did had he brought Haarland on. I suspect that every third and fourth rate hack (we are currently devoid in the English media of first and second rate hacks!) are all queuing up at the Hawthorns to test the validity of their managerial skills now Stevie B has gone.
The games so fooking easy, sat on their sofa.

Just back home from Copenhagen. Lovely people, lovely (if expensive) City, great beer and food, and I have to respect the Copenhagen fans opposite us who literally jumped and sang all night. Still not a fan of the orchestrated singing and drums they seem to like 'overseas'...but it's quite impressive to see.

But bigger respect for the City fans - I couldn't believe we filled the whole away end for what should have been an easy, mid-week game in one of Europe's most expensive Cities.

Everything about the game has already been said - and I will absolutely cheer Mahrez on whenever he wears a City shirt - but I was disappointed last night...which isn't the first time this season. Let's hope he finds some form soon.

What I did want to say is a shout out to the Copenhagen Police and Stewards. Very light touch, very welcoming and none of that French, Spanish and Portuguese RoboCop bollocks. And, no holding us in at the end of the match for three days - like they did in Lisbon. A model of football policing (with beer out on the stand during the match too).

Just back home from Copenhagen. Lovely people, lovely (if expensive) City, great beer and food, and I have to respect the Copenhagen fans opposite us who literally jumped and sang all night. Still not a fan of the orchestrated singing and drums they seem to like 'overseas'...but it's quite impressive to see.

But bigger respect for the City fans - I couldn't believe we filled the whole away end for what should have been an easy, mid-week game in one of Europe's most expensive Cities.

Everything about the game has already been said - and I will absolutely cheer Mahrez on whenever he wears a City shirt - but I was disappointed last night...which isn't the first time this season. Let's hope he finds some form soon.

What I did want to say is a shout out to the Copenhagen Police and Stewards. Very light touch, very welcoming and none of that French, Spanish and Portuguese RoboCop bollocks. And, no holding us in at the end of the match for three days - like they did in Lisbon. A model of football policing (with beer out on the stand during the match too).

Great post, mate. Good to get feedback from someone who was there. I'd love to go to one of the away European games. I'll get round to it.

Can't believe anybody could be complaining about the team's performance. Thinking we're going to blow people in Europe away, on their own turf, ten against eleven, smacks of sheer entitlement.

As for the “handball”, common sense just seems to have gone out the window. It brushed his hand at most. Nobody saw it, nobody was complaining. The trajectory of the ball was not changed. Nobody saw it, except the VAR people with their magnifying glasses. That is not handball in any meaningful sense of the word.

Last edited:
Can't believe anybody could be complaining about the team's performance. Thinking we're going to blow people in Europe away, on their own turf, ten against eleven, smacks of sheer entitlement.

As for the “handball”, common sense just seems to have gone out the window. It brushed his hand at most. Nobody saw it, nobody was complaining. The trajectory of the ball was not changed. Nobody saw it, except the VAR people with their magnifying glasses. That is not handball in any meaningful sense of the word.
It wasn't handball against Spurs ( What 3/4 years ago against Eric ) nothing changes ;-)

At the game and I could not believe the sending off offence was so far outside the box
Looked yards inside from my view.
Does the red card become yellow if Gomez commits the foul in the area? They get a pen but isn't the sending off commuted to a yellow? If so, might has well drag someone down inside the area rather than a yard or so outside!

5 changes is too many . the drop off to our 2nd team is massive , always has been .
the problem with rotation is it doesn't allow for variables like last nights goings on. red cards are no problem for 10 men as long as it's the right 10 men .

Does the red card become yellow if Gomez commits the foul in the area? They get a pen but isn't the sending off commuted to a yellow? If so, might has well drag someone down inside the area rather than a yard or so outside!
No ,if he drags them down in the box it’s a red and a penalty as it isn’t an attempt to play the ball.Same as the Milan player on Mount.

5 changes is too many . the drop off to our 2nd team is massive , always has been .
the problem with rotation is it doesn't allow for variables like last nights goings on. red cards are no problem for 10 men as long as it's the right 10 men .

5 changes also pretty much guarantees a team of 11 that have never before played together,or square pegs in round holes,so the cohesion and understanding isn't quite there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.