FC Copenhagen (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

At my pub and after half time spent more time with an eye on Madrid Leipzig. Comfortable win, but I had a funny story come out of it.

As is typical here my pub was populated with “neutrals” who all hate City, and a few Madrid fans. The owner is a Palace fan, Tony, with soft spot for City and despite six tellies he has only one speaker system so had to chose between City and Madrid matches for the speaker, and put it on City for me and a buddy, his two City regulars. Also at issue: the City match was on a major US network; the Madrid match was only broadcast on a Spanish network.

One old bastard at the bar — an Irish rag I’ve encountered before — complained. “Why not put the Madrid match on speaker, Tony?”

From the back of the pub comes a voice from a City fan I didn’t know was there.

Because you don’t speak Spanish, you absolute fucking dickhead.”

It was incredible.
Brilliant! ROFL!!

Job done. Profesional job, showing the rest of Europe how it's done. Pep got the team right, didn't need to go overly strong, we got good rest into key players, some of the fringe players got decent minutes and did well and the kids got a taste. Exactly how we would have planned tonight in an ideal world.

No surprises elsewhere yet. All the Big teams in the quarters but make no mistake we are the team everybody fears and desperately wants to avoid in the next round.

When the 2nd went in I moved to relax mode and listened to it in the background. Ears pricked a bit when they scored but that was soon put to bed and could carry on regardless.

Into the draw, bring the cartel teams on.
Hopefully last cartel team out in a few weeks time?

We then draw Porto?

Would love it love it I tell thee, love it!

Credit to Copen-hag-en (Copen-hey-gen? nope) for trying sometimes, when they were not parking a bus, otherwise the siren would become another hag.

Manuel, Julián and Erling scored, Ederson without another clean sheet to keep the proceedings interesting. Blood the young guns with precious minutes.

That'll do. Bring on München, Mardrid, whomever. We are ready.

Jeez, that second half was boring - exactly what we needed. I can understand people questioning leaving Haaland on so long but be honest he had a good rest out on the pitch for the second half.I think he only touched the ball once or twice and didn’t move around too much, which I think was exactly the right thing to do.

Jeez, that second half was boring - exactly what we needed. I can understand people questioning leaving Haaland on so long but be honest he had a good rest out on the pitch for the second half.I think he only touched the ball once or twice and didn’t move around too much, which I think was exactly the right thing to do.
He was coming off until Nunes went down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.