FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - Lose again, fans not happy bunnies! (page 42)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Can I ask, are those your words saying 'numbskulls trying to stop them are ignorant and stupid' or is that what the FCUM fan/s described campaigners?

Local residents against the proposal (and I am no longer one, but lived there for the past 19 years) are blue, red and also some who do not have any interest in football at all.
It is very convenient (and easy) to simply dismiss the campaigners as merely being 'blues' and nothing else.
The colour that unites them all is green, but that doesn't suit their agenda. Rather than engage in debate with what campaigners are protesting about, it's far easier to lump them all together as just 'bitter blues'. And that is ignorance and arrogance.

You really shouldn't have added a wink to your questionnaire.

The answer is no. I don't live in Moston and to me the questionnaire seems perfectly reasonable.

The rationale behind the club is a protest against the Rags since the Glazers took over and a return to the original location of Newton Heath while establishing community links.

I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever and plenty of opportunities poking fun at Surrey, Thailand, Ireland etc etc.

Why shouldn't have I added a wink?

You didn't answer my question, I asked if your comment about ''numbskulls trying to stop them are ignorant and stupid'' was your words or that of your FCUM friends.

I also do not have an issue with what you say is the rationale behind the club - the sticking point is they should find a brown field site to develop, not the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields.
As mentioned many a time, the issue is Green, not Blue.

It's not a part of Manchester I know and the only reason it appears on BlueMoon is because its FC United of Manchester.

Your wink is a pure distraction and it has to be a sensible place for a small stadium whether it's brown or green field.

pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
You really shouldn't have added a wink to your questionnaire.

The answer is no. I don't live in Moston and to me the questionnaire seems perfectly reasonable.

The rationale behind the club is a protest against the Rags since the Glazers took over and a return to the original location of Newton Heath while establishing community links.

I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever and plenty of opportunities poking fun at Surrey, Thailand, Ireland etc etc.

You didn't answer my question, I asked if your comment about ''numbskulls trying to stop them are ignorant and stupid'' was your words or that of your FCUM friends.

I also do not have an issue with what you say is the rationale behind the club - the sticking point is they should find a brown field site to develop, not the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields.

It's not a part of Manchester I know and the only reason it appears on BlueMoon is because its FC United of Manchester.

Your wink is a pure distraction and it has to be a sensible place for a small stadium whether it's brown or green field.

and your comment about ''numbskulls, ignorant and stupid'' is your words or that of your FCUM friends?

Maybe if you were more familiar with the proposed site you might (or might not) be able to agree with local residents that the proposed site is totally unsuitable for the planned development.
5000 capacity for now and what happens if the club make it to the Football League?

stony said:
pauldominic said:

Except that they didn't form the club when the Glazers took over. They formed it the first time we outspent them in the transfer market.
They are traitorous scum who shit it and ran the first time it looked like City might actually make a challenge. They should be mocked and derided at every opportunity. The Glazers are only the current custodians of the rags. The real fans know this and will support their club through thick and thin. They ran away screaming foul and jumped ship the first chance they got.
There is absolutely nothing admirable about FC scum of Bury. They are an odious bunch of turncoat twats who stink out the lower leagues with their scum fans and hypocritical behaviour.
The sooner they go bump the better.

Frankly the financial battle at the top of the premiership is worlds away from FCUoM and you need to justify all sorts of generalisations here.

"The real fans know this and will support their club through thick and thin".
"They ran away screaming foul and jumped ship the first chance they got".
"There is absolutely nothing admirable about FC scum of Bury".

Do they all come from Bury?

"They are an odious bunch of turncoat twats who stink out the lower leagues with their scum fans and hypocritical behaviour".

I'm looking forward to you justifying this one.

"The sooner they go bump the better".

This is obvious from your earlier assertions / generalisations.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

and your comment about ''numbskulls, ignorant and stupid'' is your words or that of your FCUM friends?

Maybe if you were more familiar with the proposed site you might (or might not) be able to agree with local residents that the proposed site is totally unsuitable for the planned development.
5000 capacity for now and what happens if the club make it to the Football League?

It makes absolutely no difference to me, and you as the originator of the thread clearly have an emotional agenda.

I'll take an interest in the progress or otherwise and my rationale is explained.

I see nothing wrong with what FCUoM is doing.

The words are mine.

I don't actually see what FCUM are doing is wrong either. It is the council who should not have given them the land as it is totally unsuitable.

The judicial review has been issued against the council, not FCUM.
I - and the campaigners against the development have nothing against FCUM. Just the site of the development.

So to be called ignorant, stupid and numbskulls is really off the mark (in my opinion)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
stony said:
Except that they didn't form the club when the Glazers took over. They formed it the first time we outspent them in the transfer market.
They are traitorous scum who shit it and ran the first time it looked like City might actually make a challenge. They should be mocked and derided at every opportunity. The Glazers are only the current custodians of the rags. The real fans know this and will support their club through thick and thin. They ran away screaming foul and jumped ship the first chance they got.
There is absolutely nothing admirable about FC scum of Bury. They are an odious bunch of turncoat twats who stink out the lower leagues with their scum fans and hypocritical behaviour.
The sooner they go bump the better.

Frankly the financial battle at the top of the premiership is worlds away from FCUoM and you need to justify all sorts of generalisations here.

"The real fans know this and will support their club through thick and thin".
"They ran away screaming foul and jumped ship the first chance they got".
"There is absolutely nothing admirable about FC scum of Bury".

Do they all come from Bury?

"They are an odious bunch of turncoat twats who stink out the lower leagues with their scum fans and hypocritical behaviour".

I'm looking forward to you justifying this one.

"The sooner they go bump the better".

This is obvious from your earlier assertions / generalisations.

And your point is?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I don't actually see what FCUM are doing is wrong either. It is the council who should not have given them the land as it is totally unsuitable.

I - and the campaigners against the development have nothing against FCUM. Just the site of the development.

So to be called ignorant, stupid and numbskulls is really off the mark (in my opinion)

It was stony's assertion - not yours.

If it's in Bury, that will destroy the rationale. It has to be somewhere close to Newton Heath and suitable for a small stadium.

I'm really not sure you "have nothing against FCUoM".

Why is the land unsuitable?

pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

If it's in Bury, that will destroy the rationale. It has to be somewhere close to Newton Heath and suitable for a small stadium.

I know Andy Walsh and two board members very, very well - through my work with the Football Supporters' Federation and one of them through work. My support against the proposals was not taken lightly. I'm sure I'm no longer on their Xmas card list now, but there you go. I have followed FCUM's fortunes over the years and wished them well. Newton Heath was a good spot for them (redeveloping an existing facility in a not too built up area at all). Ironically it has been stated that it was City that had that development stopped.

But Moston is completely different and up until September last year, I had lived there the previous 19 years.
The plans are to build a stadium right opposite a residential area (the car park would be 15 meters from houses) - with a plastic pitch built right at the back of a retirement homes, which would be floodlit and open 7 days a week.
The land is a green field which was fenced off by the council a few years ago (and then run down to look like an eyesore, so when we were told by the very same council that FCUM would turn the eyesore into a nicer looking area we were meant to be grateful)

The area has been approved for a 5000 capacity ground - and is stipulated as being not suitable for more than 5000 in the size of the land and infrastructure such as parking etc. So what happens if FCUM reach the football league and want to expand?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I know Andy Walsh and two board members very, very well - through my work with the Football Supporters' Federation and one of them through work. My support against the proposals was not taken lightly. I'm sure I'm no longer on their Xmas card list now, but there you go. I have followed FCUM's fortunes over the years and wished them well. Newton Heath was a good spot for them (redeveloping an existing facility in a not too built up area at all). Ironically it has been stated that it was City that had that development stopped.

But Moston is completely different and up until September last year, I had lived there the previous 19 years.
The plans are to build a stadium right opposite a residential area (the car park would be 15 meters from houses) - with a plastic pitch built right at the back of a retirement homes, which would be floodlit and open 7 days a week.
The land is a green field which was fenced off by the council a few years ago (and then run down to look like an eyesore, so when we were told by the very same council that FCUM would turn the eyesore into a nicer looking area we were meant to be grateful)

The area has been approved for a 5000 capacity ground - and is stipulated as being not suitable for more than 5000 in the size of the land and infrastructure such as parking etc. So what happens if FCUM reach the football league and want to expand?

Ok fair points MES.

It's down to the planning process and if they want to expand it will be the same. Preston has many of the same issues.

I have no idea why the council would "run down to look like an eyesore".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.