FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Council 'Bail Out' FC United - AndyFCUM replies (see page 7)

For AndyFCUM - water voles in Broadhurst Clough.
<a class="postlink" href="http://ukbars.defra.gov.uk/plans/action.asp?X=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ukbars.defra.gov.uk/plans/action.asp?X=</a>{7911C9A1-ADF1-4D84-8F2B-EF809D860A43}&WES=&P=1&O=2&CTY={5B6B7196-2BC1-4F8C-BA63-525B2B1F8982}&CTRY={7C884413-1AC7-48B6-ADCD-23CBA1482CD6}&H={3C486374-5681-43A6-86DA-D77453562C05}&S

for some reason the whole link wont show, so copy / paste it and you can access it yourself XX

Jesus lad, take a breather. Have a nice stroll around Boston or summat. You'll end up having a stroke if you carry on like this. You're not gonna change the situation by revealing your cards on here. Take it to the people who matter and make the decisions.

Me personally, I couldn't give a stuff about their mini me joke club, and I'd say most non Moston residents have similar apathy.

You have an agenda that you are desperate to resolve, but I feel you are using these boards as some sort of tool for your own gain. I was mildly interested in this subject a few months ago, but now you're eating up all of my fleeting support.

Good luck and all that, but.....

Ardwick AFC said:
Jesus lad, take a breather. Have a nice stroll around Boston or summat. You'll end up having a stroke if you carry on like this. You're not gonna change the situation by revealing your cards on here. Take it to the people who matter and make the decisions.

Me personally, I couldn't give a stuff about their mini me joke club, and I'd say most non Moston residents have similar apathy.

You have an agenda that you are desperate to resolve, but I feel you are using these boards as some sort of tool for your own gain. I was mildly interested in this subject a few months ago, but now you're eating up all of my fleeting support.

Ha ha, I'm just responding to comments made. It's a discussion board - but yes i take your point on board.
Would love to be able to take it to the people who matter other than they are the very people pushing it through!
I think most people on here if they aren't bothered about the issue simply wont click on the link by now.
Those of us against the development feel we have to get the message across using as many ways as we can, the media (we feel, until last week) has pretty much supported the development.
Please remember, once the stadium is there, it's there for good. It's not like everyone can come together in 2 years time and say ''OK, it hasn't quite worked out as planned, here's your field back''.
I moved away from Moston 5 months ago after 19 years and many good local people - family and friends - living in the shadow of the field simply do not want the stadium on that site.
The agenda is not against FCUM, the agenda is the stadium being on the proposed site.

Ardwick AFC said:

We cant just let it go while things are still afoot we need to keep it in the headlines until such times as we can do no more but the council is making it hard for us but we will fight to the BITTER ( just thought i would add that for AndyFCUM amusement ) end.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
Ardwick AFC said:

We cant just let it go while things are still afoot we need to keep it in the headlines until such times as we can do no more but the council is making it hard for us but we will fight to the BITTER ( just thought i would add that for AndyFCUM amusement ) end.

Gotta be careful on here, though. Especially when our own club is commandeering huge swathes of the city for community based training facilities etc...Which is not to everyone's satisfaction. Like my pal who has a flat in Clayton, and his opinion was.."We need jobs round here, not 20 football pitches." The council snapped city's hands off, much like they have with the faux rags. I presume that the mums and dads of kids who play for Moston juniors are happy with somewhere warm for their kids to get changed or have a shower. You can't please everyone, but there is good and bad with any change, but not everyone on here will have the same opinion as you do.

Ardwick AFC said:
Ardwick AFC said:

We cant just let it go while things are still afoot we need to keep it in the headlines until
such times as we can do no more but the council is making it hard for us but we will fight to the BITTER ( just thought i would add that for AndyFCUM amusement ) end.[/quote

Gotta be careful on here, though. Especially when our own club is commandeering huge swathes of the city for community based training facilities etc...Which is not to everyone's satisfaction. Like my pal who has a flat in Clayton, and his opinion was.."We need jobs round here, not 20 football pitches." The council snapped city's hands off, much like they have with the faux rags. I presume that the mums and dads of kids who play for Moston juniors are happy with somewhere warm for their kids to get changed or have a shower. You can't please everyone, but there is good and bad with any change, but not everyone on here will have the same opinion as you do.

There are changing rooms on the park opposite for them to get showered and changed they don't need a 5000 capacity stadium just for that also MJ are being given a football pitch at boggart hole clough so would they still need the stadium to get changed and showered when there playing there ? I think not

Ardwick AFC said:
Ardwick AFC said:

You make good points about City - (although I'd like to keep City out of this, my objections to the Moston development is based on Green issues, not Blue / red issues) the defence of that is City are buying derelict brown land and Manchester city council / tax payers are benefiting financially for that and City are doing up the area.
In Moston, the council are giving the land away using council tax payers money to do so.
Now FCUM will say that in return, the community will receive benefits by having the facility there, but in many peoples eyes, what they are offering - with the exception of the changing room for Moston Juniors (which incidently is what the original grant of £750K was for) - is available at different venues throughout the area. Do people think Moston is sat on its knees waiting for this to open because members of the public have nothing to do / go?

And here is the crux - you never hear FCUM mention ''the stadium'' to be built for them. Read back on AndyFCUM's posts a couple of pages back. He, like all of them, at the first sign of objections throw in ''what's wrong with £4.5m of investment in the area?''
They never say ''what's wrong with a 5000 capacity stadium across the road from your house?'' Because that's what it is! But they never mention the stadium. (Basil Fawlty - ''whatever you do, don't mention the stadium, i mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!'')

First and foremost FCUM want a stadium. Quite rightly too, fully understand that. No issues with that. But listening to them, you would think the last thing they want is a stadium because they never mention it, it's all ''we will do this for Moston, we will do that''. Did Moston ask for it?
Make no mistake, had the stadium been planned in, say, Withington they'd be saying the same to the people in that district regardless if the people of Withington wanted it or not.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Ardwick AFC said:

Gotta be careful on here, though. Especially when our own club is commandeering huge swathes of the city Which is not to everyone's satisfaction. Like my pal who has a flat in Clayton, and his opinion was.."We need jobs round here, not 20 football pitches." The council snapped city's hands off, much like they have with the faux rags. I presume that the mums and dads of kids who play for Moston juniors are happy with somewhere warm for their kids to get changed or have a shower. You can't please everyone, but there is good and bad with any change, but not everyone on here will have the same opinion as you do.

You make good points about City - (although I'd like to keep City out of this, my objections to the Moston development is based on Green issues, not Blue / red issues) the defence of that is City are buying derelict brown land and Manchester city council / tax payers are benefiting financially for that and City are doing up the area.

Good grief Phil, bit arrogant isn't it?!

Will you now confirm that during Manchester City's "commandeering" of (I assume) Council owned brownfield land, that no green space, however small will be lost to us Manchester residents (not including enclosed football pitches) and that no member of the arvicola terrestris family will be affected during the construction of your 20 football pitches? Cheers.

Ardwick AFC said:
We cant just let it go while things are still afoot we need to keep it in the headlines until
such times as we can do no more but the council is making it hard for us but we will fight to the BITTER ( just thought i would add that for AndyFCUM amusement ) end.[/quote

There are changing rooms on the park opposite for them to get showered and changed they don't need a 5000 capacity stadium just for that also MJ are being given a football pitch at boggart hole clough so would they still need the stadium to get changed and showered when there playing there ? I think not

Aw cheers guv'nor....but spare some change for a local club down on its luck would ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.