FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - Judicial Review day 2 (pg 61)

So lets sum up, you hate yoonitid and everyhting it stands for so you set up a breakaway club to go back to grass roots..........and then tap up supporters of the club you hate to increase your attendance, income and world wide support so that you can become just like the club you hate. Yep, I think i have summed that up pretty well. What a hypocritical bunch of losers.

Blue Mist said:
So lets sum up, you hate yoonitid and everyhting it stands for so you welcome mega rich owners with open arms..........and actively market yourselves to the kind of supporters that infest the club you hate to increase your attendance, income and world wide support so that you can become just like the club you hate. Yep, I think i have summed that up pretty well. What a hypocritical bunch of losers.

well said.

I see Manchester City Council are to close Libraries,swimming pools and leisure centres because of lack of funding from government and yet continue to support FC United. It's a case of penalise the users of these facilities, at the expense of some hair brained fantasy of a few disgruntled reds.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
salfordpaul said:
dont get you lot moonlight if i'm honest. you support utd, but you dont like the owner (go glazer go) so you form a break away club and called it fc utd. but then your fans are all still fans of the big daddy and follow utd. and your attendances suffer when utd are at home. so who and what the fuck are you? i find it all cringeville if i'm honest! like them lads a few yrs ago that put a teams shares on line so people could have a voice!

have never met an fc fan so i'm not sure they exist but the best of luck with your little strop.

He's a little snippet from a fc supporters site :

A bit of sideways thinking seems to of paid off. Through a new page on facebook--

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/FCUnitedInternational" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/#!/FCUnitedInternational</a>

I have been forging links with reds from around Europe by posting on Scandinavian United supporters fb pages- as well as building awareness on Germany etc. Every large home game at OT sees several thousand travel to Manchester-through the facebook page above I would like to continue tapping in to this market.

Positives
Increase fc revenue and attendance
Increase International FC awareness
Use the Brand of MUFC to help ensure the long term growth of FCUM
Offer reds 2 games over a weekend rather than one.

Concerns
Ensuring our local loyal fan base is well looked after and not sidelined in any way, shape or form.

If we can get more organised and others can help spread the word through the facebook page or elsewhere then I think this can be a very valuable area of growth.

YCMIU :)

Fuck me, did Gill write that?

They really don't get the sheer hypocrisy of their actions do they?

Come on, I think we all know the real reason City fans can't stand FCUM. For a while in 2005 many City fans lapped FC up, thinking it was a great way to get at United, but then two things stopped this in its tracks.

First, it became apparent that FC fans hadn't stopped being United fans - they still sang United songs, in that their protest songs were against Glazer and the corporate control of football, rather than against MUFC per se. This was a disappointment to many City fans.

Secondly, City were becoming more and more a part of that corporate world that FC fans were against, and more tellingly, that City had for a long time said they were against. Now, the existence of FC is not just an embarrassment to United, but also to City, whose fans are trying to get on with reveling in their club's recent success, and don't like the idea of a football club on their doorstep that is based on values that fly in the face of the current reality of Manchester City.

So it's that hypocrisy, between what City fans say they are all about, and what the reality reveals to the world, that is the problem. Highlighting the perceived hypocrisy of FCUM, gleaned from individual fans' choice of phrasing on social networking sites, might provide a handy argument to hide behind, but City fans simply can't hide from the fact that their club is not what they like to believe it is, and for most objective observers, there's only one football club that represents the interests of the working class fan in Manchester, and it's about to get a home just down the road from 'The Etihad'.

luddite said:
Come on, I think we all know the real reason City fans can't stand FCUM. For a while in 2005 many City fans lapped FC up, thinking it was a great way to get at United, but then two things stopped this in its tracks.

First, it became apparent that FC fans hadn't stopped being United fans - they still sang United songs, in that their protest songs were against Glazer and the corporate control of football, rather than against MUFC per se. This was a disappointment to many City fans.

Secondly, City were becoming more and more a part of that corporate world that FC fans were against, and more tellingly, that City had for a long time said they were against. Now, the existence of FC is not just an embarrassment to United, but also to City, whose fans are trying to get on with reveling in their club's recent success, and don't like the idea of a football club on their doorstep that is based on values that fly in the face of the current reality of Manchester City.

So it's that hypocrisy, between what City fans say they are all about, and what the reality reveals to the world, that is the problem. Highlighting the perceived hypocrisy of FCUM, gleaned from individual fans' choice of phrasing on social networking sites, might provide a handy argument to hide behind, but City fans simply can't hide from the fact that their club is not what they like to believe it is, and for most objective observers, there's only one football club that represents the interests of the working class fan in Manchester, and it's about to get a home just down the road from 'The Etihad'.

That's the biggest pile of shite I've ever read on here. You lot are so far up your own arses it's unreal. What's hypocritical is setting up a new club in protest of the old one, yet still supporting the old one. You just can't stand following a club that wins fuck all, you still have to attach yourself to the club you're protesting against, just so you can celebrate when they win. The very definition of a glory hunter. Real fans my fucking arse, you really couldn't make it up. You lot are thicker than a lorry load of short planks and the laughing stock of real fans everywhere.
"Representing the working class fan" Hahaha, don't make me fucking laugh. You represent a load of turncoat wankers who threw their toys out of the pram as soon as things weren't going your way. Unlike real fans who stick with their clubs through thick and thin or in our case, thin and thin, at the first sign of trouble you ran away like the odious little turds you are.

luddite said:

20 seconds of my life i will never get back.

RAG!

luddite said:

You clearly know fuck all, apart from the bollocks you've been spoonfed all your life.

Read the thread and you'll find many dont give a fuck about you and your fellow circle jerkers apart from the fact you're attempting to ruin a local amenity. Others hate you 'cos your all first class c*nts.

The followers I know of many non league Clubs hate you for the latter, that you're all c*nts.

I've took a few City fans to watch FCe, and they've enjoyed the whole experience. fact!! that was there choice. i know a fair few City fans on here that will take in Maine Rd FC when they get the chance. Thats there choice, now that doesnt make them blue nose turncoats? does it. NO. I know a lot of City fans that will sit on there fat arses and watch it in the pub, rather than fork out forty quid or so, what does that make them? there still city supporters arent they? its there choice. You chose to fork out 40/50 quid to watch....Everybody has a choice. i choose to pay less than a tenner to watch my live footie, yeah of course i still watch United, i always will. i choose to do that in the pub nowadays. My choice.

Twenty is Plenty
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=4682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=4682</a>

The Football Supporters’ Federation, which FC United is affiliated to, is launching the “Score Campaign: Twenty’s Plenty for Away Tickets” in central Manchester on Thursday 24 January at 7pm. The event is free and open to fans of all clubs.

The news that Manchester City returned 900 tickets for Sunday’s visit to Arsenal (after the London club charged £62 a ticket for away fans) was the ember that sparked the current fire, but match-going fans of FC United and Manchester United have long known that football is unaffordable for many.

The idea behind the Score Campaign is simple – the Football Supporters’ Federation want clubs throughout England and Wales to agree to charge no more than £20 for away match tickets (£15 concessions). The meeting in Manchester on 24 January will explain the fundamental ideas and principles behind the Score campaign.

Although issues like this may not directly affect FC United fans at the moment, it is important that as a club and as fans of FC United, that we continue to support and be a leading voice in these campaigns. The core principles of our club are to challenge the way the modern game is run, focusing on issues such as pricing, safe standing, policing, financial fair play and to encourage fan involvement and ownership of their football clubs.

FC United general manager Andy Walsh commented: “£62 is excessively expensive for a ticket and Manchester United fans have suffered for years from clubs sticking up prices when United are in town. Now this is hitting City too. The grading of matches dependent on the opposition is unfair on fans of successful clubs and the fact that City’s owners may be rich does not make their fans rich.

"Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans have been suffering high prices for years and Arsene Wenger was quoted only last week making a plea for understanding as he argues that it is the only way that they can compete with the likes of Chelsea, City and the like who are supported by rich backers. This throws up all sorts of questions about the football economy, which need to be discussed and hopefully the FSF’s campaign will look at this also."

Andy continued: “Many leagues set a minimum price but should they be setting a maximum price for tickets instead? The “£20 is plenty” campaign is focused on the Premier League and whilst I don’t think you should be setting prices for each division I do think we should be making the point to the FSF and more widely that there is football beyond the Premier League and ask the question what is a fair price at other levels of the game."

We’d like to hear FC United supporters’ views on this, so if you’re a member then let us know on the members’ forum or join in the conversation on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

FC United supporters are encouraged to attend the FSF event next week if they are able. To register email your name, club and specify Manchester event to
tickets@fsf.org.uk

Event details are as follows:

“Score Campaign: Twenty’s Plenty for Away Tickets”
Thursday 24 January at 7pm
The Alibi (corner of Oxford Street and Portland Street),Manchester, M1 4BH.
The venue has disabled access.

905_10151379007570540_870909950_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.