FC United Thread

What do you do for the community? Exactly?

Fuck all for me anyway - just annoy me every time I drive past the dump.

Oh and give me grief or V signs etc when you see my City stickers in the car.

Community values my arse

ask the moston juniors about the stuff that goes on at fcum about the pitch they have to play on
We left Moston Juniors over the whole debacle, as it was evident the club were being shafted. The club has died a death in recent years. Ronald Johnson was a thriving venue; junior games against Bury, County Cup semi finals, a very successful adults team and somewhere where locals could walk their dogs etc. What's happened to the Moston Juniors partnership, @NorthManc7?

FCUM have never tried to merge with Bury, sounds like someone is pulling your leg mate. The people of Moston didn't "overrule" anything either. As has been mentioned previously the majority were in favour, and a lot of those originally opposed have now accepted the club and even attend events at the ground. There was even an M40 4FC group set up in the local area to support the development.

That's a load of bollocks, as someone from Boston. There was never any say from day one. Nobody attends events, as the 900 odd attendance against Blyth the other month will testify. It was Arsenal levels of attendance announcement, when the tannoy claimed sixteen-hundred were there.

Don't mix up Moston with M40.
M40 is also Miles Platting, Newton Heath, Ancoats and Collyhurst as well as Moston.
People in Moston haven't as such accepted it but they really have no fucking choice about it. Having been someone who was heavily involved in the campaign (and no, not because I was a Blue) I look back and see I (and others) wasted our time and effort. It was fait accompli from day one. You knew it, Andy Walsh (whatever happened to him!) Knew it and the council knew it. Councillor Murphy was the biggest bull shitting liar over it.

I'd be interested to know what facilities will be at the stadium that schools will use in the bar area that are not available in their schools.
Also please give examples of work done with the Moston community rather than just say it is happening. The work with the homeless at Xmas was to be applauded (and great free publicity too) but simply bussing people in and out of the area on one day of the year doesn't really solve anything.
Meanwhile your partners Moston Juniors feel more and more detached from the partnership.....
All the community stuff was tosh as well. What happened to the community astro, @NorthManc7? Is it the game astro that was supposedly accessible to all, but has limited availability and is the most expensive pitch in the area - behind St. Matthews, North Manc and Failsworth.

As for your work in the community, I ask via twitter how many time a year do you help the homeless people, no one would answer, once a year xmas time , and they also said that's why we need the new lighting, bullshit I help feed homeless people we go of a portable light system!ps did you have permission to use the homeless lad in the video you done for M&s I doubt it !! Rant over
http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php - knock yourself out ;) there's quite a bit missing from that page too. Specifically in regards to the homeless we also run a big coat day collection where loads of warm clothing is donated, that will be starting again pretty soon.

You'd have to ask whoever did the video it wasn't done for the M&S campaign though it was filmed last December.

big no vote matey
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/high-court-judge-to-rule-whether-697892

Residents opposed to the plans launched legal proceedings after Manchester council gave the breakaway club permission to build the ground on the site of Ronald Johnson Playing Fields last year They have now succeeded in forcing a review, which will be heard over a day and a half at Manchester’s Civil Justice Centre

yep sounds like the people of moston open there hands to welcome FCUM hahahahahahahahahaha it was a shambles and both fcum and the manchester city council went and did what they want anyway so the people of moston hope fcum rot in hell

moston and broadhurst park was my home for many years and the miners eastate was blue as there come back in my day and i would have never backed anything that lot of scum was building. even if you fool people about being built for the community bollocks the people will never back fcum never
Yet again I'll tell you that the majority of local residents were in favour of the development and what you have provided is evidence that some weren't, which nobody is denying here. Fair enough you were and still are opposed to it but there is no fooling going on, it is literally written into the club's manifesto to provide community initiatives and the club has received grant money off the back of some of this community work so somebody at least thinks the club is doing alright in that regard.

We left Moston Juniors over the whole debacle, as it was evident the club were being shafted. The club has died a death in recent years. Ronald Johnson was a thriving venue; junior games against Bury, County Cup semi finals, a very successful adults team and somewhere where locals could walk their dogs etc. What's happened to the Moston Juniors partnership, @NorthManc7?

That's a load of bollocks, as someone from Boston. There was never any say from day one. Nobody attends events, as the 900 odd attendance against Blyth the other month will testify. It was Arsenal levels of attendance announcement, when the tannoy claimed sixteen-hundred were there.

All the community stuff was tosh as well. What happened to the community astro, @NorthManc7? Is it the game astro that was supposedly accessible to all, but has limited availability and is the most expensive pitch in the area - behind St. Matthews, North Manc and Failsworth.

fcum was blowing smoke up the arss of people of moston with there plans for locals and moston juniors just so they could get what they wanted a football ground newton heath had loads of space and land on both sides of oldham road that could have been used instead of greanfields on broad hurst park even waste land on the canal side was a option but why on earth moston got the pain in the arss of fcum was a joke

and why on earth did the city council back a fan built club that was a break away from united and there new owners investment they all thought united was a fan based club a self funding club and no need for corporate money and tv money and sponsorship it was built on just united fans money coming in each week hahahahahahaha how wrong could you be

so let me get this right FCUM was built from fans not happy about things going on at united they wanted to self fund the club with out any backing from anybody but the fans turning up each week paying for match tickets and season tickets money the so called mighty united was built on fans money hahahhahahahahaha

again let me get this right FCUM fans was so against there football club needing somebody else is money to keep them running each season that they made a fan built club who would never need any help or money from anybody but the fans deep pockets am i right ????????

so how come everything FCUM built was with somebody else money that was council loaned or charity based or sponsorship or tv money from the FA cup and the BBC how much did the fans really put there money to building the club by the sounds of it very little

To be fair it's a shame that schools have to even apply for this type of funding when the Government should be providing them with the necessary funds to operate at optimal performance but that's the Tories for you. Besides numerous schools will be using the SMRE facility at FCUM so it'll benefit schools indirectly :)
You don't get to take money away from schools to fund a private business, and then complain about the Tories.

And to say that they'll be using the facilities (which they'll be paying F**** for) so will benefit indirectly to try and justify what's happened is a joke.

Your club took money away from schools. That is literally all there is to it.

Moston United came into existence this season which is a combined partnership between the club and Moston Juniors, yes there are issues that need resolving but there's a lot of work going into this.

Of course availability is limited for the astro it is fully booked a lot which is a good thing as it's clearly being used by the community. Not sure what more you expect from one 3G pitch.

You don't get to take money away from schools to fund a private business, and then complain about the Tories.

And to say that they'll be using the facilities (which they'll be paying F**** for) so will benefit indirectly to try and justify what's happened is a joke.

Your club took money away from schools. That is literally all there is to it.
That is clearly not literally what has happened though is it, considering a school was also awarded 12k and nobody had any of this money in the first place for anybody to literally take it away from. The money will be put to good use and will benefit the community whether you like the club or not.

fcum was blowing smoke up the arss of people of moston with there plans for locals and moston juniors just so they could get what they wanted a football ground newton heath had loads of space and land on both sides of oldham road that could have been used instead of greanfields on broad hurst park even waste land on the canal side was a option but why on earth moston got the pain in the arss of fcum was a joke

and why on earth did the city council back a fan built club that was a break away from united and there new owners investment they all thought united was a fan based club a self funding club and no need for corporate money and tv money and sponsorship it was built on just united fans money coming in each week hahahahahahaha how wrong could you be

so let me get this right FCUM was built from fans not happy about things going on at united they wanted to self fund the club with out any backing from anybody but the fans turning up each week paying for match tickets and season tickets money the so called mighty united was built on fans money hahahhahahahahaha

again let me get this right FCUM fans was so against there football club needing somebody else is money to keep them running each season that they made a fan built club who would never need any help or money from anybody but the fans deep pockets am i right ????????

so how come everything FCUM built was with somebody else money that was council loaned or charity based or sponsorship or tv money from the FA cup and the BBC how much did the fans really put there money to building the club by the sounds of it very little
Simple answer to your question... no you're not right. Quite spectacularly wrong in fact :) not sure where you are getting your information from but you are badly informed.

The supporters raised roughly 3 million quid to fund the ground build, so I wouldn't say very little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.