FC United thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Mayor West, 21 Apr 2015.

1. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

I didnt say you said it was ok. You asked me what are you supposed to say. Well an apology would be welcome I suspect. Yet all we get is "contact the council and complain and if we made mistakes they can be rectified".
    Absolute shite. How do you rectify people losing a good nights rep? I hope the council fine you if found to have taken the piss.
    You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers.
    And money for cutting the grass was already in the councils budget. They just didn't do it - or maybe some council Gardener got laid off because you are now doing his or her work....

2. NorthManc7

NorthManc7

Why, you interested? Sorry but you aren't my type.
    Cool story, who is this guy? Should be pretty well known if he was active in our formation.
    Well then I'm sorry if someone had to contend with unacceptable levels of noise as a result of a decision taken by my club. As I said though we make mistakes and the relevant people should be informed so that there isn't a repeat. I look forward to hearing the response from someone who was directly involved in the decision. Keep us posted.

"You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers. " C'mon now this is clearly BS, I mean we don't even have a sponsor on our shirts. Not to mention we had a very split members vote on whether or not to allow gambling companies to sponsor us.

3. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

If you’re the guy with the Ian Brown haircut crouched down on that picture you posted the other day, then it’s a no from me. Grown men over egging their Mancunian-ness in an attempt to look trendy is a real turn off sorry.

4. ancoats

ancoats

[​IMG]

this is me and my carer any chance

5. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Residents shouldn't have to put up with mistakes before you rectify them. So when a company approach the club offering money so they can park many trucks and trailors on the land and want to film inside the ground - the club has a responsibility to ask at what time of day are said vehicles to be moved around? What time of day is the filming. What disruption is it likely to cause noise wise and traffic wise.
    And if the answer is "well trucks will be arriving and coming and going in the evening and filming will take place late at night and the generators will be on for a good few hours into the evening....". Then the response from the club should not be "fuck it, give us the money and if anyone complains then we will say we are sorry and lessons will be learned."

And yes I knew you would mention shirt sponsors (or lack of) when I write that. Did members get to vote on whether the vehicles and filming should take place? Thought not.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2018
  6. Mike N

Mike N

Wasn’t supposed to be a cool story. I won't give his name to some Herbert on Bluemoon, if it's all the same to you. He's very well known in the Rags circle of fans. Put it this way, of the very small number of guys who set the club up, they will all know who I'm talking about.

7. NorthManc7

NorthManc7

Mistakes happen this is an unfortunate fact of life but presuming what conversation took place isn't really going to help anyone. As I said take it through the proper channels and get a response from someone who has some actual knowledge of the arrangement, I can't help you.

Of course we never got to vote on that, nor should we have. It's not up to the members to micro manage the club that's what we have full time employees for. Our employees have to answer to our CEO, our CEO answers to the board and the board answers to the members. That being said if our members felt the need to force this kind of decision to a members vote or indeed prevent all filming arrangements in the future then we could easily do that, but it's a no from me and I suspect the vast majority.

8. NorthManc7

NorthManc7

Fair enough. Plenty at the club with an in depth football knowledge though. Takes all sorts I suppose perhaps he followed United for the craic then.

9. bakerdave76

bakerdave76

Nice to see an X blue on there books
    Sam tattum [​IMG]

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Have they folded yet?