FC United Thread

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:
Went past 'Pallet Park' today and anyone who is mystified why im calling this ground by that name needs to take a look- that timber work is a disgrace, they must have run out of cash to finish the ground off in such a cheap and ugly way. Maybe they modelled it on OT in 1941...

I have to pass it going to our ground, it does look a fucking mess, although it shouldn't be where it is as covered in the main thread it did look a tidy ground when initially being built but looks like it's been clad by Wickes now.

They'll be sorry when I stop for a piss next season ....won't be long til the rot sets in.

Mayor West said:
jimharri said:
Mayor West said:
Oh ok, I'll know for next time!
Next time?

*sniff*

Ha ha its just a general interest, honest!!

Would it count as another proper Manchester derby if they ever got promoted to the PL? or would it be like Liverpool v Tranmere?

I assume ground size would restrict them getting to the prem. they could of course build a bigger stadium by running shipshop over a local green site....... oh hang on a minute.

I live 5 minutes or so's walk from their new ground, it's going to be a right ballache when they move in, there's absolutely no parking provided so they're going to just clog up all the surrounding streets. They had 3,500 at their last game, and at this stage there's no residential parking only restrictions been set up at all.

Gray said:
F**K them!

Agreed....BBC1 devoted about 2 minutes of the sports "news" to this irrelevant heap of shit this morning, I doubt we got that when we won the PL last season!
FC Traitors of Spinelessville must have some friends/contributors at the Beeb to be given any coverage for an inconsequential promotion to a very minor league!

I'm reluctant to heap praise on them but they've been very helpful to the reformed Hereford FC and are visiting Edgar Street for the first pre-season friendly. If they take some numbers too then that's positive for the club. Goodness knows what Mancunians are going to make of rural Herefordshire. The pace of life is a bit slower than Manchester...

manimanc said:
you got to admit they've done well, what are they now just 2 divisions away from league 2?
When do they move into their new ground?

Done well?!?! This is their seventh consecutive season in the northern premier league top division, despite having had the highest budget and attendances for 7 years running. They should have been in the conference absolutely years ago, if they weren't perennial bottlers in the playoffs.

As others have said, I'm looking forward to when they get high enough in the league system that they start having to spunk loads of money on shite players/admin, to the point were their fans get disillusioned and form a breakaway-breakaway club.

ftg said:
manimanc said:
you got to admit they've done well, what are they now just 2 divisions away from league 2?
When do they move into their new ground?

Done well?!?! This is their seventh consecutive season in the northern premier league top division, despite having had the highest budget and attendances for 7 years running. They should have been in the conference absolutely years ago, if they weren't perennial bottlers in the playoffs.

As others have said, I'm looking forward to when they get high enough in the league system that they start having to spunk loads of money on shite players/admin, to the point were their fans get disillusioned and form a breakaway-breakaway club.

At least they'll have their pride and never take money from Sky. ;-)

FC United - The truth

- They were formed when United fans absolutely shit themselves because they thought Chelsea were going to end their dominance due to the amount of money being invested.

- When United won the league again after Chelsea's back to back titles, FC United's attendances dropped as the rats ran back on board the big ship.

- They are meant to be a breakaway club that is against modern football but many of their fans support Manchester United AND FC United which completely goes against the alleged point of the club in the first place.

Matty said:
I live 5 minutes or so's walk from their new ground, it's going to be a right ballache when they move in, there's absolutely no parking provided so they're going to just clog up all the surrounding streets. They had 3,500 at their last game, and at this stage there's no residential parking only restrictions been set up at all.
That'll be handy for you; a local club you can give your support to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.