FC United Thread

Ha ha good point. Wonder what it is now?
Their average attendance first season in Moston was 3,300 (Conference North) and has gone down 2 to 300 each year since.

They are punching above their level, living on the old utd reputation and knuckle dragging fans of the 70s/80s to dip the hands in their pocket and put money in the buckets,

would not piss on them if they were on fire, sooner somebody puts them out of their tiny minds and give back the green fields back to the people of Moston the better

They are punching above their level, living on the old utd reputation and knuckle dragging fans of the 70s/80s to dip the hands in their pocket and put money in the buckets,

would not piss on them if they were on fire, sooner somebody puts them out of their tiny minds and give back the green fields back to the people of Moston the better
The good people of Moston won't see that happen as the Rag Socks constitution (or whatever it is called) states in the event the club folds, the land can only be used for a not for profit sporting use.
So the very group who went to court to challenge a covenant preventing development of the site can now dictate how the land is used should they fail....

Colne Dynamos, Rushden & Diamonds, Gretna etc. The non-league world is full of stories of clubs who invested money, burned brightly for a while, then faded away and folded. This lot are on the same path. I’d personally give ‘em another 4-5 years.

Colne Dynamos, Rushden & Diamonds, Gretna etc. The non-league world is full of stories of clubs who invested money, burned brightly for a while, then faded away and folded. This lot are on the same path. I’d personally give ‘em another 4-5 years.
They still get very good attendances so should do well in theory. However they get nothing like when they started and had 100 times the budget of any rival, but still should double a lot of the division in terms of resources. The fan model doesn't work when it comes to retaining players.

Colne was a ground issue, they had mega investment for 2 years and destroyed everyone, but were more or less on a park pitch with a rope around it so couldn't get in the conference and all money was then pulled.

Well if the glazers sell up they may fold this season hahahhaha

They still get very good attendances so should do well in theory. However they get nothing like when they started and had 100 times the budget of any rival, but still should double a lot of the division in terms of resources. The fan model doesn't work when it comes to retaining players.

Colne was a ground issue, they had mega investment for 2 years and destroyed everyone, but were more or less on a park pitch with a rope around it so couldn't get in the conference and all money was then pulled.

I think that’s a bit harsh on Colne. I’ve played a few times on that ground many years ago and it’s a nice tidy little ground, with lovely scenic views.

Fair points and that’s why I think their demise is a little ways off yet.
It’s interesting to me that their resource advantage was relatively short-lived. Their selling point for players and advantage on the field is that they were generally full-time. Nowadays, even at the NPL Premier division level, that isn’t a huge advantage anymore and they’re not the only ones. Scarborough, who got promoted out of the league last year were full time, as are South Shields. Teams like Stafford and Matlock virtually are. With Covid and the general cost barriers and malaise around the PL, crowds for have been growing for a lot of non-league clubs, so a great many now pay decent money.

I think that’s a bit harsh on Colne. I’ve played a few times on that ground many years ago and it’s a nice tidy little ground, with lovely scenic views.
It has changed since the 1980s, I think it was just part of the wider playing fields and built up from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.