FC United Thread

Although unlike Salford, their fans knew exactly what they were getting from day one. Salford were a typical small non league club with a proud and long tradition. I highly doubt the majority of their pre takeover fans wanted any of this.
Agree that not all Salford fans necessarily wanted the rag-takeover. Changing the nickname and colours of the club must have angered most fans ?
Think the basic FC United fans (not the leaders) just fell for the hype that they were "reinventing football" ?
Their instant rise up the Non-League ranks must have been a great adventure ? I had a close mate (he stopped going to Old Trafford) who was ecstatic that they were inevitably going to get into the Football League.
When they stopped winning and getting promoted, he stopped going.
A large number of original supporters were just "glory fans", who soon got fed up of getting beat by Radcliffe Borough etc...

Agree that not all Salford fans necessarily wanted the rag-takeover. Changing the nickname and colours of the club must have angered most fans ?

Neville claimed while the takeover was being discussed that nothing would change in terms of traditional. Yet the first thing they did was change the kits from the traditional tangerine to United kits. I really don’t know why they would do that? Although hugely outnumbered, there are still plenty of blues in Salford who would look out for Salford and maybe even attend some games. They were pretty much all alienated at a stroke I’d imagine.

I’m still waiting for the day when it all comes out exactly what Peter Lim is up to there aswell. Something decidedly dodgy about his involvement.

Neville claimed while the takeover was being discussed that nothing would change in terms of traditional. Yet the first thing they did was change the kits from the traditional tangerine to United kits. I really don’t know why they would do that? Although hugely outnumbered, there are still plenty of blues in Salford who would look out for Salford and maybe even attend some games. They were pretty much all alienated at a stroke I’d imagine.

I’m still waiting for the day when it all comes out exactly what Peter Lim is up to there aswell. Something decidedly dodgy about his involvement.
Peter Lim, dodgy? Surely not. Gary and Christiano can vouch for him. No way can it be "Investor Washing", no way!

The land the ground is on must be worth a lot.....

I know a few Blues who used to go to Salford pre-takeover and who still do go occasionally. They’re mightily pissed off with the kit change as you could imagine. If the Raggy owners had any decency and sense they’d revert back to the traditional kit colours. But they’re Rags…

It's in a very nice residential area, and on the edge of Broughton Park, the main Orthodox Jewish area. They'd get a very decent whack for it.

I wasn’t suggesting it’s a shithole. There’s some nice gaffs round there. But the house prices are nothing to get giddy about.

I think the other guy was only joking anyway. Just saying it’s not like some international businessman has swooped in to buy a plot of land in Kensington or something.

I wasn’t suggesting it’s a shithole. There’s some nice gaffs round there. But the house prices are nothing to get giddy about.

I think the other guy was only joking anyway. Just saying it’s not like some international businessman has swooped in to buy a plot of land in Kensington or something.
I wasn't joking. The land would go for a nice price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.