FC United Thread

£900,000.00....no way they can hope to pay that off.
A nice run in the FA Cup reaching the 3rd round, a couple of games live on TV (which they will wag the finger at with one hand and take the cheque with the other) and drawn away at City / rags / Scousers or Arse and the debt is cleared.
It's the Cup this weekend, I'll just go and check and see who they are playing.....

No laughing at the back please!

A nice run in the FA Cup reaching the 3rd round, a couple of games live on TV (which they will wag the finger at with one hand and take the cheque with the other) and drawn away at City / rags / Scousers or Arse and the debt is cleared.
It's the Cup this weekend, I'll just go and check and see who they are playing.....

Dont count your chickens from the eggs, FCUM are bad eggs and have a best-before 2005

I can remember this was their Mantra - how far up the League Pyramid they were going to get ?
They had a song that they were always going to play at 3'clock - never taking the TV money as said above.
Hypocritical herberts who were delusional dipsticks.
Would be interesting to know how many of the original Splitters are still involved with running the 'Idealistic Punk Football Club" ?
Also, how many of the founding fathers/mothers/sisters/brothers still attend games ?
It's a modern day example of "Animal Farm" - but with MCC and it's residents subsidising them...

I can remember this was their Mantra - how far up the League Pyramid they were going to get ?
They had a song that they were always going to play at 3'clock - never taking the TV money as said above.
Would be interesting to know how many of the original Splitters are still involved with running the 'Idealistic Punk Football Club" ?
Also, how many of the founding fathers/mothers/sisters/brothers still attend games ?
It's a modern day example of "Animal Farm" - but with MCC and it's residents subsidising them...
United we Fail. United we steal.

All of the original board members are long gone. Most of them resigned once they had been sussed out and their game was up. Jumped before pushed.
A part of me feels for the current board, most likely trying their bloody hardest to keep their heads above the water having had concrete slabs attached to their ankles by the previous incumbents.

All of the original board members are long gone. Most of them resigned once they had been sussed out and their game was up. Jumped before pushed.
A part of me feels for the current board, most likely trying their bloody hardest to keep their heads above the water having had concrete slabs attached to their ankles by the previous incumbents.
United we pass the buck and pretend it isn't us.

If the current board are serious you wouldn’t be paying ex prem players & offering £100k a year to a non league manager.

The plan would have to be not paying any more than expenses, your insured but not contracted. They’ll likely go down but debts will be cleared.

If the current board are serious you wouldn’t be paying ex prem players & offering £100k a year to a non league manager.

The plan would have to be not paying any more than expenses, your insured but not contracted. They’ll likely go down but debts will be cleared.
Totally agree - the manager was there 6 years so presume he was appointed on or around that wage back then (as he didn't do anything on the pitch to justify an increase!) and the board has changed a couple of times since. They can't justify a full time manager unless they are involved in this academy thing, but what the new manager has to consider is as much as the Splitters will big themselves up in the advert (the ''Man United of the non league'', 'most non league fans on Twitter' etc etc etc, the new incoming bloke knows that the club is skint, no money for new players unless he can shift dead wood out and bring money in and also the club are in the bottom three. Will that attract a higher placed current manager of a club that is on a steady footing or will it simply only attract managers from a league or two below looking to climb the ladder? Either way, they can't be banding 100K around and expect to survive - though on the other hand, would you take a job being offered at (say) 40K a year when you know they were paying the last incumbent 100K lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.