FC United Thread

Totally agree - the manager was there 6 years so presume he was appointed on or around that wage back then (as he didn't do anything on the pitch to justify an increase!) and the board has changed a couple of times since. They can't justify a full time manager unless they are involved in this academy thing, but what the new manager has to consider is as much as the Splitters will big themselves up in the advert (the ''Man United of the non league'', 'most non league fans on Twitter' etc etc etc, the new incoming bloke knows that the club is skint, no money for new players unless he can shift dead wood out and bring money in and also the club are in the bottom three. Will that attract a higher placed current manager of a club that is on a steady footing or will it simply only attract managers from a league or two below looking to climb the ladder? Either way, they can't be banding 100K around and expect to survive - though on the other hand, would you take a job being offered at (say) 40K a year when you know they were paying the last incumbent 100K lol

Does anyone know what their turnover is?

The manager was definitely not on £100,000. He was initially appointed as part time football manager. Over the last six years at various times he’s also been handed contracts for jobs that weren’t advertised & with nobody else interviewed as full time Academy Principal, full time CEO & contracted in an advertising/sponsorship role.

If @Mostonisblue has access to board meeting minutes then that will state if they were there or not.
Would piss myself laughing if either or both were Blues

I have access to all the available board minutes, though their website crashed and their members can’t access anything more than about 2 months old.

Yvonne O’Malley the previous “council observer” attended monthly board meetings when available & joined in discussion with no voting rights. Her attendance wasn’t great which was put down to other commitments & poor organisation from FC. The 3 year old letter of demands from the council I posted a few weeks ago included the council formally co-opting a board member, formalising board meetings, providing financial reports in a much more timely manner & FC paying to use the council’s secretarial services to organise their admin.

Last month they co-opted a council employee the current head of sport & leisure & pretended he didn’t work for the council

All of the original board members are long gone. Most of them resigned once they had been sussed out and their game was up. Jumped before pushed.
A part of me feels for the current board, most likely trying their bloody hardest to keep their heads above the water having had concrete slabs attached to their ankles by the previous incumbents.
I don't - I feel for the residents of Manchester who are owed c.£1m.
It was a stupid idea, brought about by stupid people.
They only had to look at the existing nonleague clubs around the NW to know starting one without a sugar daddy was doomed to failure.
It's cut throat, and there are more allegedly "shady" characters around the lower you get.
A few ex-league clubs, and plenty of historically big nonleague clubs, plying their trade in the regional National Leagues these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.