FC United Thread

And The Museum over the road became a general type store about 10/12 years ago.
As above, I left 13 years ago and it was A1 Supermarket for at least 2 years before that!
Lived in Moston for 19 years (where the wife was from) and always felt like an outsider and only went in The Museum once. It was like a wild west bar saloon as it all went quiet when I walked in, all eyes on me as I walked to the bar to get a drink.

The Ben I also went in once after a funeral and didn't fancy it that afterwards.
My two pubs of choice on the Lane was the Blue Bell (as I lived on Blue Bell Ave) and The Thatched House. Watched the 2008 OT derby in the Blue Bell, as Benjani scored and the 8 - 10 of us Blues went mad as the rest of the packed pub full of rags looked on in silence....

I remember driving back from Maine Road in 96 after we'd got relegated under Alan Ball and the rags had won the PL at Middlesborough. We turned right off Lilly lane onto Moston Lane and there was a huge fight on the Lane outside the Co-op in the middle of the Lane. Apparently rags from the museum v Blues from the Ben. If only we had camera phones back then.......

Though my all time fave pub in the area was The Dean Brook on St Mary's Road, great pub quiz on a Thursday night with free butties..... just the place to be for an Egghead To Be to soak up all this general knowledge.....

Last edited:
As above, I left 13 years ago and it was A1 Supermarket for at least 2 years before that!
Lived in Moston for 19 years (where the wife was from) and always felt like an outsider and only went in The Museum once. It was like a wild west bar saloon as it all went quiet when I walked in, all eyes on me as I walked to the bar to get a drink.

The Ben I also went in once after a funeral and didn't fancy it that afterwards.
My two pubs of choice on the Lane was the Blue Bell (as I lived on Blue Bell Ave) and The Thatched House. Watched the 2008 OT derby in the Blue Bell, as Benjani scored and the 8 - 10 of us Blues went mad as the rest of the packed pub full of rags looked on in silence....

I remember driving back from Maine Road in 96 after we'd got relegated under Alan Ball and the rags had won the PL at Middlesborough. We turned right off Lilly lane onto Moston Lane and there was a huge fight on the Lane outside the Co-op in the middle of the Lane. Apparently rags from the museum v Blues from the Ben. If only we had camera phones back then.......

Though my all time fave pub in the area was The Dean Brook on St Mary's Road, great pub quiz on a Thursday night with free butties..... just the place to be for an Egghead To Be to soak up all this general knowledge.....
Are you trying to tell us you were on Eggheads?

You’ve never mentioned that before.

More focus perhaps on ….

Maine Road Football Club is a football club, based in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester, England. Founded in 1955 by Manchester City supporters, they are currently members of the North West Counties League Division One North and play at Brantingham Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.