February 4th 2004...........Spurs 3 City 4

I was on a work trip to Paris and dragged two colleagues down to the Frog & Rosbif at the bottom of the Rue St Denis, to watch it. They had the “pleasure” of listening to me use language that would have embarrassed a sailor with an axe in his foot, for 45 minutes, and then running and jumping around the bar like a lunatic when Macken scored. I think the bar staff were mildly amused though....

They weren't natives then?

What a beautiful story. Glad he came through it.

I had been in the hospital that night visiting my grandad. I turned the radio on and we were 3-0 down and then heard Anelka go off injured and Barton had been sent off. I turned the radio off at that point.

My mate text me to tell me it was 3-1 and then 3-2. I told him I wasn’t going to turn the radio back on and for him to update me. Ten minutes later he called me screaming down the phone and then again when Macken scored. So I didn’t listen or watch it live but was still a memorable night for me.

Coming home from Tripoli via Frankfurt,missed the Manchester connection,went to the BA desk to change the ticket,talking to a guy in the queue,Arsenal fan,said go to Heathrow stay for the match,got to the desk the BA rep under a bit banter from the Arsenal fan,says OK,Changed the ticket and gave me an over night hotel.Dumped the bag in the Hilton,underground to the ground.going through the turnstile when King scored,shit I could nearly been home.Not a pretty sight asI staggered back to my room after being detained in the bar for a few hours.PS missed the first flight next morning,must have been something I ate.Oh What a Night.

Fanzone was brilliant, I guess sky were getting embarrassing figures for the paid commentators so ditched it.

Used to really enjoy the Fulham fan with 'The Wardrobe' comments on Diop as well.

what a night that was I had put a tenner on for me and £20 for my brother in law I think we were 7-1 my brother in law text me at half time to say that was a waste of a bet, at 3-2 he rings me saying have you still got the betting slips ( the old fashioned way to bet) luckily and had not thrown them, been a city for 40 years I had always lived in hope!
so a good night all round and few extra beers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.