Feelings towards the current side

Spurs level players for £60million. thats our squad basically. The use of our resources has been incredibly poor and now certain players are gone its showing. We should be constantly be going for the best.

Sorry to say but dippers have spent 400m to construct their current squad, while we have more than billion euros. This is according to CIES, which further confirms our wastefulness in the market.

City constantly get ripped off for players.
And have 2 trophies to show for it. How many do we have in the same time?

No likeable characters in the side, apart from Aguero or Foden and we never see either. The likes of Mahrez, Sterling, Mendy etc compared to Kompany, Zabaletta or Merlin, they could all do one and it wouldn't upset me. Performance yesterday was gash, have seen us play better and get beat 3-0. Cancelo and Torres I like but the whole season feels flat this year.

I've always been concerned to read that players are with us 'because of the manager'; it was always more convincing when they said they 'bought into the project'.

I also think we shouldn't judge people too harshly in these peculiar circumstances. Get the impression that footballers are no different from everyone else and are simply going through the motions.

Honest thoughts;

GK
Ederson - Amazing
Steffan - not seen much but would like a quality back up to push Ederson. United having had Romero as a very competent cup ‘keeper has always been the standard for me.

RB
Walker and Cancelo - Amazing. Stop playing Cancelo at LB for fucks sake.

CB
Dias, Laporte, Stones and Ake - Amazing

LB
Mendy - dog shit. Zinchenko - should have gone in the Summer. I don’t care what the experts of Bluemoon or even Pep say; WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT ANGELINO.

Holding mid

Rodri - had enough time but not proving himself. Hate to write him off but not looking good. Good enough as a back up 6 when Fernandinho goes.
Fernandinho - good enough as a back up for this season.
Gundogan - shit as an attacking mid, great as a solo holding mid. Shame he has a preference for the 8 role and Pep allows him to dictate where he plays.

Attacking mid
Kev - fucking ace
Phil - fucking ace
Bernardo - currently shit, but even when he’s shit he works hard. Would stick by him through thick and thin. He’ll come good, fuck the media for what they did to him and haven’t done to Cavani for the same shit.

Attack
Mahrez - absolutely shit. Best thing he’s done was that goal vs Brighton and that’s it. Flat track bully? He rarely bullies even the shit teams to be honest. Shadow of his Leicester self. Bottler in big games, doesn’t track back. Absolute gash and a huge Pep blind spot.
Sterling - an actual flat track bully. Needs 5 piss easy chances to get 1 goal. Tell me the last time he scored the decisive goal vs United, Liverpool, Arse, Chelsea or Spurs. I can’t remember him ever doing so. Great player when we are walloping the minows but shockingly wasteful.
Aguero - the greatest.
Jesus - like Bernardo, works his fucking bollocks off so easier to forgive him if he has a bad game. Great touches, can score goals and sometimes scores in big games. I like him.
Ferran - looks the dog’s bollocks and better than Mahrez by a million miles already.

Imbalanced squad. Amazing defence but not a single competent left back. Pep persisting in ignoring Foden. Mahrez getting a pass every week and Sterling playing even when he’s out of form. All a bit baffling.
Spot on analysis about each player. I couldn’t have put it better myself.

No likeable characters in the side, apart from Aguero or Foden and we never see either. The likes of Mahrez, Sterling, Mendy etc compared to Kompany, Zabaletta or Merlin, they could all do one and it wouldn't upset me. Performance yesterday was gash, have seen us play better and get beat 3-0. Cancelo and Torres I like but the whole season feels flat this year.
Harsh, how can you not love Kev ? His work rate for the team is phenomenal. Performance wasn’t great yesterday but certainly not gash the defence was superb.
Personally I blame this COVID for all this Mardy arse attitude. Everyone is fed up and looking at the negatives.

Last edited:
Robotic and uninspiring.

Feel sorry for Kev atm, looks a frustrated figure...
tenor.gif

Bernardo Silvas warm-up routine

Posted this in the "we've been found out" thread but it applies here too...

I dont get the whole idea of "we lost a core group of players" as an excuse...during the 2 famous years we dominated the same way without david silva on the pitch, without vincent kompany in squad(he was injured perpetually), and often without aguero.

For me, peps talk about mentality when he joined is looking borderline comical now...this new style, by its very appearance, is peps system being found out and the very fact we are setting up like a generic side is telling.

The thing is...if the system isnt the difference going forward then the players will have to be...but the club hasnt spent "big" for exceptional talent(debruyne aside who was a steal and teams slept on him) for years so i wont be getting my hopes up. I can see us inevitably scoffing at haaland fee's and penny pinching another incomplete article during the summer...same for the talented winger we desperately need.

This comment wont be liked, but i'm going to say it anyways...i feel like many of our attackers(sterling et al) were utterly flattered by the old system. In the more regular system we are now employing they are being exposed as not half the talent we assumed(i mean the amount of chances missed used to be a tell too). Its truly dissapointing.

In terms of who i rate now in this squad?

Steffen
Stones/Dias/Laporte
Cancelo(our best FB for me)
Foden/KDB
Torres/GJ(who 's real talent is not at CF for me...best feet in the team by far for me)
Aguero(but injured 75% of the season from this point it seems)

The rest have been a shitshow with the odd ok game. WTF has happened to eddy?

Last edited:
Gary Neville summed up my feelings perfectly “a shadow of their former self”
But that happens to every great team in the end but what I don’t understand on here is a lot of reluctance to blame the manager because it’s pep a lot on here place him higher than the club itself and that is very strange. When you look at it since our investment we have won 4 titles 2 with pep and 2 without so that prooves it can and will be done when he goes in the end . Peps football has been great to watch and we have been blessed but that doesn’t go on forever and sooner or later it will go stale because it always does . Truth be told I’m not fussed if he went at the end of the season because at the moment even though no one dare admit it we are way behind Liverpool who will win the title easily for his season and we need change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.