Ferdinand Charged

Swales lives said:
Dubai Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
Very much this.

Ferdinand's only crime is being a stupid fucking idiot.
And throwing around clear racial slurs like a playground bully.

Don't forget the fashion crimes.

wiokungfu.jpg

What's going on with his shark eyes in this picture?! Also wearing his mams top

Bigga said:
dannybcity said:
Bigga said:
So, here is the question; by definition one who is of the same colour cannot be racial to another of that colour, but be PREJUDICED(that is the correct definition). However, if Cole does not consider himself Black as he is of mixed heritage, does this become a racial matter??

What is Ferdinand trying to imply by his statement though?

In saying that someone is black on the outside but behaves like he is white, you are implying that all white men act the same. It could be construed that in this case when calling someone a "choc-ice" you are implying that white men will always side with another white man on the basis of skin colour. Not only is this clearly bollocks but it's also clearly racist.

Putting aside the fact that he didn't actually tweet the words himself directly, you have to consider the argument that the 'context' you're choosing to work off is pretty far from where Ferdinand started. I think he's asking why he's supporting a 'racist' by 'not getting involved' or 'pretending he heard nothing'.

I think, in my opinion, it's no more than that.

Rio+Ferdinand+Ashley+Cole+Twitter

Im no twitter expert but hasn't he repeated the phrase and then agreed with here?

I'll admit I haven't read the whole conversation (that's probably not the twitter phrase) nor have I read what preceded it but who has Cole "sold out" as reffered to by Charlton E Banks, as whoever it is Ferdinand seems to agree?

dannybcity said:
Bigga said:
dannybcity said:
What is Ferdinand trying to imply by his statement though?

In saying that someone is black on the outside but behaves like he is white, you are implying that all white men act the same. It could be construed that in this case when calling someone a "choc-ice" you are implying that white men will always side with another white man on the basis of skin colour. Not only is this clearly bollocks but it's also clearly racist.

Putting aside the fact that he didn't actually tweet the words himself directly, you have to consider the argument that the 'context' you're choosing to work off is pretty far from where Ferdinand started. I think he's asking why he's supporting a 'racist' by 'not getting involved' or 'pretending he heard nothing'.

I think, in my opinion, it's no more than that.

Rio+Ferdinand+Ashley+Cole+Twitter

Im no twitter expert but hasn't he repeated the phrase and then agreed with here?

I'll admit I haven't read the whole conversation (that's probably not the twitter phrase) nor have I read what preceded it but who has Cole "sold out" as reffered to by Charlton E Banks, as whoever it is Ferdinand seems to agree?

Well, obviously as I hinted to earlier, the claim would be that he has 'sold out' on his 'brothers'(slang termed).

Again, even when you look at The Great Camel One's tweet, all he refers to is the phrase "choc ice". Now by a stand alone perspective what he has tweeted isn't racist and is no more than repeating what he deems a 'funny' punchline. If he'd repeated the following "sell out" words then I think this could be a different matter ("I hear you fella" is still not enough to say he agreed to the statement), but as it stands he has room to manoeuvre as to what he says he meant.

I can't see him getting a ban of any sort as the charge is really vague.

Bigga said:
Well, obviously as I hinted to earlier, the claim would be that he has 'sold out' on his 'brothers'(slang termed).

Again, even when you look at The Great Camel One's tweet, all he refers to is the phrase "choc ice". Now by a stand alone perspective what he has tweeted isn't racist and is no more than repeating what he deems a 'funny' punchline. If he'd repeated the following "sell out" words then I think this could be a different matter ("I hear you fella" is still not enough to say he agreed to the statement), but as it stands he has room to manoeuvre as to what he says he meant.

I can't see him getting a ban of any sort as the charge is really vague.

I agree, he has plenty of room for manoeuvre with regards to avoiding a ban but then again so does Terry. Reading between the lines, in my opinion it's fairly obvious what they are both getting at which is confirmation enough for me that Ferdinand is not only a rag, he's also a right fucking idiot.

Ban him for 99 games.

Make it a feast of players getting rockets

Both Terry and Ferdinand don't deserve to wear the 3 Lyons on their shirts anymore.

Magnum PI couldn't unravel this one.

Screwballs...the both of them.

mikeswann2008 said:
Swales lives said:
Dubai Blue said:

Don't forget the fashion crimes.

wiokungfu.jpg

What's going on with his shark eyes in this picture?! Also wearing his mams top

He looks exactly like what he allegedly is; a cross dressing bi sexual coked up.

Of course he's none of the above and he's not a choc ice either, he's the hardcorest streetest brother there has ever been.

Bigga said:
Dubai Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
Very much this.

Ferdinand's only crime is being a stupid fucking idiot.

This thought pattern is the one I find most intriguing. Most people of mixed heritage will tell you what race they consider themselves 'more of'(although this is declining in recent times). Clearly Ferdinand is of the 'old school' of thought where he deems his leanings to be Black as that is how he feels he is treated whilst raised. Cole may not see himself as Black regardless of his experiences positive or negative.

So, here is the question; by definition one who is of the same colour cannot be racial to another of that colour, but be PREJUDICED(that is the correct definition). However, if Cole does not consider himself Black as he is of mixed heritage, does this become a racial matter??

The term 'choc ice' only works an insult if it's a given that all black people are the same and all white people are the same.

There are no nuances to take into account. There's no context. It's a simple case of black vs white: a black men assisting or aiding a white man is seen to be white on the inside hence the term choc ice. The logic being that all people should stick to their own and support their own when it comes to dealing with people of an other colour.

It's on a similar ground to the term 'wigger', as again this suggests that a white person who is interested in black culture is somehow different to the norm and again relies on a logic which dictates that black people should listen to music by black people and whites should listen to music by white people. Again the implication is that people should always support their own race and not aid or assist a different colour of person. Bearing in mind that the term 'wigger' is often used to describe people who simply like black music the mind boggles as to what they'd call a white man who married a black woman. Not to mention the fact that the stereotype of a 'wigger' is basically a white person who is lazy, uneducated, thick and therefore relates to black culture.

So whilst I don't think that Rio Ferdinand is a racist or even necessarily intending on racial abusing Cole, I think he's simply guilty of the same stupidity and lingering ignorance that sees some people still refer to black people as 'coloureds' or gay people as 'faggots'.

The term 'choc ice' can only have originated from a mind set which focused on the difference between races and the importance of adopting an 'us v them' attitude. So whilst not racist, pro black doesn't have to mean anti white (or vice versa), it's incredibly ignorant, crass and offensive as it relies on racial generalisations and stereotypes in which there are strict parameters for how one should behave.

A somewhat ironic stance for a man so enamoured by Barack Obama as surely Obama is acting above his station as a black man by becoming president? Because if Rio wants it that there's a 'black' way of acting and a 'white' way of acting then Obama's fucked because it's a fact that no black men were president prior to him.

In essence it's the behaviour of a fucking cretin. A man so self obsessed that he repeatedly shoots his mouth off and comes unstuck looking a massive twat. He wants to talk the talk but he's incapable of ever walking the walk.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm coming from a purely ideal standpoint in which race doesn't exist and people are effectively colour blind: That's the world we're meant to pretend we live in everyday so we either move on and drop race from any agenda or we'll forever be stuck in time dividing ourselves into little pockets of **** labelled 'white', 'black', 'mixed race' or whatever.

Peace and love

2012 AD

TheMightyQuinn said:
Bigga said:
Dubai Blue said:

This thought pattern is the one I find most intriguing. Most people of mixed heritage will tell you what race they consider themselves 'more of'(although this is declining in recent times). Clearly Ferdinand is of the 'old school' of thought where he deems his leanings to be Black as that is how he feels he is treated whilst raised. Cole may not see himself as Black regardless of his experiences positive or negative.

The term 'choc ice' only works an insult if it's a given that all black people are the same and all white people are the same.

There are no nuances to take into account. There's no context. It's a simple case of black vs white: a black men assisting or aiding a white man is seen to be white on the inside hence the term choc ice. The logic being that all people should stick to their own and support their own when it comes to dealing with people of an other colour.

It's on a similar ground to the term 'wigger', as again this suggests that a white person who is interested in black culture is somehow different to the norm and again relies on a logic which dictates that black people should listen to music by black people and whites should listen to music by white people. Again the implication is that people should always support their own race and not aid or assist a different colour of person. Bearing in mind that the term 'wigger' is often used to describe people who simply like black music the mind boggles as to what they'd call a white man who married a black woman. Not to mention the fact that the stereotype of a 'wigger' is basically a white person who is lazy, uneducated, thick and therefore relates to black culture.

So whilst I don't think that Rio Ferdinand is a racist or even necessarily intending on racial abusing Cole, I think he's simply guilty of the same stupidity and lingering ignorance that sees some people still refer to black people as 'coloureds' or gay people as 'faggots'.

The term 'choc ice' can only have originated from a mind set which focused on the difference between races and the importance of adopting an 'us v them' attitude. So whilst not racist, pro black doesn't have to mean anti white (or vice versa), it's incredibly ignorant, crass and offensive as it relies on racial generalisations and stereotypes in which there are strict parameters for how one should behave.

A somewhat ironic stance for a man so enamoured by Barack Obama as surely Obama is acting above his station as a black man by becoming president? Because if Rio wants it that there's a 'black' way of acting and a 'white' way of acting then Obama's fucked because it's a fact that no black men were president prior to him.

In essence it's the behaviour of a fucking cretin. A man so self obsessed that he repeatedly shoots his mouth off and comes unstuck looking a massive twat. He wants to talk the talk but he's incapable of ever walking the walk.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm coming from a purely ideal standpoint in which race doesn't exist and people are effectively colour blind: That's the world we're meant to pretend we live in everyday so we either move on and drop race from any agenda or we'll forever be stuck in time dividing ourselves into little pockets of **** labelled 'white', 'black', 'mixed race' or whatever.

Peace and love

2012 AD

A great post TMQ, I couldn't explain it any better.

Following is a comment on a f365 article by a ManU fan. Rags, as delusional as they come

jim1985 (Manchester United) says...
Calling someone a choc ice especially when it is an accurate observation is just like calling someone black. It's a fact. You are actually allowed to make a reference to race without actually being racist. It is frankly embarrassing anyone would think that tweet was racist. As for any hypocrisy by united fans re Suarez still being at Liverpool I disagree. Each case should be taken on it's own merit. For example, Rival fans like Red Lee would like us all to believe that Eric Cantona was the most odious individual for having kicked an innocent Crystal Palace Fan. In fact, Eric Cantona responded (albeit inappropriately) to racist abuse and did society a favour. This Crystal Place fan jumped the dock at his trial to attack the judge. I'd go so far as to say Cantona's vigilante actions were legendary rather than shameful. Ironic isn't it. Cantona literally kicks racism out of football and Red Lee is trying to draw comparisons with Suarez. I think at this stage Suarez would be long gone if he was a united player but Liverpool are partially to blame in this for not setting him straight about things far sooner.

Imo ferdinand was at the very least condoning/egging on racist behaviour, he was also implying that Cole had committed perjury either that or he was implying that Cole should have committed perjury just to support someone of the same ethnicity. Either way ferdinand is a fucking twat. Hopefully he will get a ban, although I think it is incredibly unlikely given that he is a senior player at the scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.