Fergie on Sunday

HolisticJim

Afternoon blues!

I've not seen this mentioned but was it only me that thought Fergie had given up on Sunday? I mean much earlier than his players.

I watched and as the goals rolled in he didnt move a muscle.
Can you imagine Bob doing that?

Surely Bob would have been charging up and down his area screaming instructions at the players.

Fergie was all 'Rio had enough experience to do this and do that' but im questioning fergies management here because anyone in their right mind would have been directing their players to go forward/stay back/keep wide/go narrow etc etc.

He just seemed to be leaving them to bleed a slow death and not actually give a sh1te about what happened. The whole lot, management, players, coaching staff, just seemed to cave in completely.

doomuk said:
Afternoon blues!

I've not seen this mentioned but was it only me that thought Fergie had given up on Sunday? I mean much earlier than his players.

I watched and as the goals rolled in he didnt move a muscle.
Can you imagine Bob doing that?

Surely Bob would have been charging up and down his area screaming instructions at the players.

Fergie was all 'Rio had enough experience to do this and do that' but im questioning fergies management here because anyone in their right mind would have been directing their players to go forward/stay back/keep wide/go narrow etc etc.

He just seemed to be leaving them to bleed a slow death and not actually give a sh1te about what happened. The whole lot, management, players, coaching staff, just seemed to cave in completely.

Good call

I said to my mate look at fergie hes fuked

My mate said the old **** has give up

I very rarely see ferguson actually go down to the touchline these days. Whene things are going really bad on the pitch (barcelona) he goes down their to bark out orders which makes it even more strange that he didnt shut up shop on sunday.

It was the same in the Chumps League final vs Barca.

He knew there was nothing he could do, so why even try

It's all fine and well blaming Wio and that french tosser who's name escapes me, but his subs were very attack minded. Shaking bacon got it badly wrong, from he's starting line up right through to his subs, and ulimately got a true footballing lesson. He shouldn't be blaming his players, but himself for hammering he recieved.

I thought the same. Normally, when they get a red card, he goes ape shit with the 4th official, even if it's a blatent red, because it's helps him build up that fear factor that the officials have when reffing their games. But on Sunday, he just sat there and watched as Evans trudged off the pitch. Then after the game, he reveals he wished his team had gone damage limitation at the end of the game. He's NEVER said that before.

It's absolutely true - Bacon Face gave up, just like his players.

He said in his post match interview "We kept attacking when we went 4-1 down and we should have just said, 'We've had our day'."

That is basically saying they should have just accepted defeat. I have never heard Ferguson say anything even close to that in his 25 years at the Swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.