Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever my thoughts on him as a player, I have to say that he's really fucked us over this season. Eight games missed and seven of them were important. You can tell when he's not there.

This is why I'm so pissed off at him, just lunacy to go in like that and now we will miss one of our key, key players for a spell. Again.

All three of his red cards were completely avoidable as well. None of them were last ditch tackles to prevent a goal.

I love Fernandinho, and think he's been one of our most consistent players over the last three years. That was hugely irresponsible today though, even more so as he was captain. There was no need to make that challenge. That's three red cards in seven games now. Granted the Monchengladbach one was absurd, but as with Aguero this indiscipline is costing us.

I love Fernandinho, and think he's been one of our most consistent players over the last three years. That was hugely irresponsible today though, even more so as he was captain. There was no need to make that challenge. That's three red cards in seven games now. Granted the Monchengladbach one was absurd, but as with Aguero this indiscipline is costing us.

Think I read that's seven red cards for us this season. Absolutely ludicrous.

Couldn't agree more, his indiscipline is very disappointing. Especially as he is such an important player. No doubt that stupid red card had a major part in Pep being so pissed off yesterday.

You can be a hard man without collecting that many red cards. Look at De Jong. Hard as nails but didn't get anywhere near as many red cards. In fact, how many did De Jong get at City?

Part of his game,instinctive tackle. Keep going.
An inch here and there and its a great tackle.
If I was pep I wouldn't even make a mention of it.

It's nothing to do with an inch here or there. Two footed challenges with both feet off the ground aren't allowed and everyone knows that. Whether or not you agree with that is a moot point. It could be the most inch-perfect and well timed challenge but they're not allowed and they'll nearly always resort in a red card unless you're Marcos Rojo. It's a tackle that means we've lost him for four more games so that makes it a pretty awful challenge in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.