Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew I heard he was getting called back up a few months ago! I though I was going mad!

**** me, something positive about our midfield dynamo.

Mr. Indispensable, from Lionel Messi to Virgil Van Dijk: Which player can your team not live without?

Manchester City: Fernandinho

The year is 2550. The scarcity of water has made it three times as valuable as gold. Borders have disappeared. Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon and Microsoft are the only remaining global institutions, and pundits are still wondering how Manchester City will cope with Fernandinho's eventual retirement.

Since turning 30, he's played an average of 2,687 minutes -- of a possible 3,420 -- over the past four Premier League seasons. He is both City's anchor and their ignition; among regular starters this past season, he led the team in tackles and interceptions and led all non-defenders in forward passes per 90 minutes. His ability to win the ball and then get it to Man City's endless supply of playmakers all by himself is what allows Pep Guardiola to cram extra attackers into the midfielder under the guise of calling them "free eights."

The Brazilian struggled with injuries this year and played his fewest minutes in the league since 2014-15, but he still started 28 games and two of City's four league losses came without him on the field. He just turned 34.

This can't last forever ... right?

OnThisDay in 2013, Manchester City confirmed the signing of @fernandinho! 273 Appearances x 23 Goals x 25 Assists x 4 x League Cup 3 x Premier League 1x FA Cup x1 Community Shield x 1 x PFA Premier League TOTY

Wish we had had him 5 yrs earlier,time flies

OnThisDay in 2013, Manchester City confirmed the signing of @fernandinho! 273 Appearances x 23 Goals x 25 Assists x 4 x League Cup 3 x Premier League 1x FA Cup x1 Community Shield x 1 x PFA Premier League TOTY

Wish we had had him 5 yrs earlier,time flies
Like Vinny and Zab (and David Silva/Sergio when the inevitible happens), he will long be part of our folklore, and will get a hero's reception from us when he goes, been a fantastic player for us, the original "duracell bunny" at City, and some never rated him, a few still don't, this was (injuries apart) probably his best season with us.

Like Vinny and Zab (and David Silva/Sergio when the inevitible happens), he will long be part of our folklore, and will get a hero's reception from us when he goes, been a fantastic player for us, the original "duracell bunny" at City, and some never rated him, a few still don't, this was (injuries apart) probably his best season with us.

The greatest defensive midfielder of the modern era in my opinion. Tackles, runs, passes, runs some more, scores, drives the team forward, and for a bloke of just 5ft 9’ his aerial prowess is astonishing. His legend is already writ

The greatest defensive midfielder of the modern era in my opinion. Tackles, runs, passes, runs some more, scores, drives the team forward, and for a bloke of just 5ft 9’ his aerial prowess is astonishing. His legend is already writ

One hell of an athlete. He's certainly one of the most underrated players of the current era. To think a lot of people whined when we replaced Gaz Baz with Dinho.

He's unquestionably improved in the role under Pep but I doubt there is anyone better to coach you in that position than Pep.

There are players who are better at different aspect's of a DM's job but none who package so much together so well.

At the time we signed him I remember thinking that the fee we paid was a hell of a lot for a guy of his age ( not having seen or knowing much about him ) , but what a fantastic signing he has proved to be. That we have struggled to find his successor demonstrates that.

He doesn't get the recognition that he deserves in the media , but City supporters know his true worth to the team and the club. Pep must love having him in and around the place .

Let's hope his replacement is quickly recruited so that they can be integrated into the team by a true master of the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.