Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could easily be a Yaya-like situation where he barely gets game time in his last year, but even then, it's well worth to keep him around the squad and have him as a backup for DM / CB. Having said that, and knowing our injury history at the back, that will still likely mean around 40 games mind. :)

Great news - I think Gaby will be delighted that Fern will be around for another year as he has said how valuable he was in helping him settle at the club.

I have massive respect for how Fern has conducted himself during his time at City. Has always taken on whatever role has been asked of him despite being perfectly capable of playing more glamorous, attacking roles and has not caused any dramas for the club.

Still good enough to play in midfield, his brain makes up for any lack of pace, sadly, due to injuries and shit centre back performances by stones and otamendi , seen the last of him dictating the middle of the park, just think, 12 months ago he was at his brilliant best against Liverpool, what a performance from him that night

Happy for Dihno as his been a wonderful addition to the club, an all time great and a testament to great character.

But I expect him to play as much as Yaya did his last season or about as much as Viera did when Bobby Manc brought him in. Not very much.

If he plays a lot then I'll be worried. It would mean we've had lots of injuries or haven't developed our young stars.well.

Simply put, if Dihno is a key component of out team next season, then it would mean we aren't competing for the title or CL.

Nice little backhander you've tried to give him there.

The situation is nothing like Yaya's. Yaya was slow and lazy in decline. Fernandinho is nothing of the sort. He'll keep playing as a regular starter until he's good enough - age has nothing to do with it.

He's still one of our best players, our leader, and would still be our number one DM, comfortably, if played there.

It’s rare for a player to get such universal praise and respect as both man and footballer. He’s one of a few elite Blues.

Good news, then, if he gets a one-year extension. Even better if we could find a meaningful longer term role during that time.

Nice little backhander you've tried to give him there.

The situation is nothing like Yaya's. Yaya was slow and lazy in decline. Fernandinho is nothing of the sort. He'll keep playing as a regular starter until he's good enough - age has nothing to do with it.

He's still one of our best players, our leader, and would still be our number one DM, comfortably, if played there.
I just can’t understand how you can watch fernandinhos performances and then compare him to Yaya.

De bruyne aside he’s been our most consistent performer by far really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.