Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Dinho but he is not a CB. His height means we are at a significant disadvantage on corners that keep punishing us. I am starting to think Pep is demonstrating to our board that our current back line is abysmal without Laporte, and that we should have signed slabhead.
Pep doesn't need to demonstrate anything to them,they talk to each other all the time,slabhead was a bullet swerved,every summer there is one cb that everyone talks about but we don't have to buy,webuy for 5/6 yrs and not just the latest fad

I don't quite understand why Walker is used LESS as a counter deterrent than previous seasons either, given what we are struggling with.
He would often slot in as a hybrid third CB against teams with pace.

Thought the same at times. Have Walker at LCB in a back 3 alongside Dinho and Laporte with Cancelo sticking high as a RWB.

Think it would solve a lot of our defensive problems and whilst Walker isn't as strong on the ball as we would like our CBs to be, I feel his recovery pace/physicality more than makes up for it and greater onus could be shifted on Dinho/Laporte to play out from the back.

I think we're seeing less of Walker purely because we have another top class option in Cancelo that Pep needs to keep happy.

Rodri is already set as the starting DM. I'll be shocked if Dihno starts in any position other than CB outside a rash of injuries to to Rodri and Gundogan.

He is for all intent and purpose an utility player who can play RB, LB, CB, DM and CM. But most likely playing mostly at CB.

In essence, he is our Milner going forward.

As long as he doesn’t join Littlewoods and start gobbing off!

Unlucky decisions,
had to block the finish from Bergwijn
and not the second from Son (when Ota was stepping out...). Shite happens.

He put in some late urgency to get in their box when others didn't step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.