Fernandinho (continued)

Kippax Street 1880 said:
We go from sensational to fucking dogshit without him. Cannot believe we didn't buy for this position in January, absolutely baffles me.
We should have gone for Fernando only instead of complicating things by trying to get Mangala early. I don't know when we started negotiating with Porto but if it really was as late as last week then that too was a mistake, it made us look desperate and hence Porto jacked the price up.

That signing of Fernando would've been a god send, I feared this from the start of the season losing out on either Yaya, Kompany or Fernandinho. What a shame. CM & CB needed to be addressed, though Demi wasn't too bad (better than Garcia at least in terms of distribution and composure on the ball has the same weakness in pace/agility). This could also mean Nastasic gets more game time who has looked solid recently.

On another note Jovetic was very impressive last night, he surely can play in behind the striker and creates a plethora of chances for us. He has the confidence to take on the player, flair and a great right foot shot, can't wait to see more of him - he has to start against Norwich.

BobbyManc73 said:
Sorry if it's been previously asked and answered, but does this rule him out of the Barca game?

there's so many conflicting reports, best wait for the official report later on today

Some said he was injured during training and some said he suffered a knock against Spurs.

There was no mention of him at MP's press conference so perhaps its the former.

In any case we are not as convincing when he is missing.

As some have said a 4-4-2 is sometimes dependant on who you have in that line up.

Any game can go anyway no matter who is available but clearly not having Kun , Samir , Ferny and a half fit Negredo if that makes a huge difference.

Its the first time this season to some degree MP has made particular mention of it after a match.

Clearly Lescott , Garcia, Milner , Rodwell, Richards are not right at present either.

We have had a shocking run with injuries this season and unfortunately right about now its as bad as it has been and no doubt will impact on our performances from now on.

As I see it -- assuming all the stories about the Fernando negotiations are accurate -- City took a short-term risk not filling in the central MF gap for the long-term gain of standing up to clubs trying to shake us down. And the risk appears at the moment not to have paid off.

In the long run, we will get more for our money and manage the revenue/expense gap more soundly. Doesn't make this any easier to swallow, but it was a calculated gamble.

And who knows if Fernando would even have been ready to help us today? Nearly every new acquisition takes time to grow into a side. Even if we win no trophy this year, the direction we are headed is very, very clear -- or should be -- to us as fans and to the rest of league (and the rest of Europe). And we have been wildly entertained this season too so far.

In other words, have patience and faith.

Oh, and the rags freaking suck. There's always that.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
As I see it -- assuming all the stories about the Fernando negotiations are accurate -- City took a short-term risk not filling in the central MF gap for the long-term gain of standing up to clubs trying to shake us down. And the risk appears at the moment not to have paid off.

In the long run, we will get more for our money and manage the revenue/expense gap more soundly. Doesn't make this any easier to swallow, but it was a calculated gamble.

And who knows if Fernando would even have been ready to help us today? Nearly every new acquisition takes time to grow into a side. Even if we win no trophy this year, the direction we are headed is very, very clear -- or should be -- to us as fans and to the rest of league (and the rest of Europe). And we have been wildly entertained this season too so far.

No one gives a shit about value for money .... We just want to win the league and beat Chelsea - If we dont win it this season I only see it getting much harder to win next season, so getting Fernando in the summer on a free will be shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted!!! .... And why the f*ck did we let Barry go to Everton given that bad decision you'd think we'd make damn sure the Fernando deal went through .... We've left ourselves woefully short of quality cover in CM. If Yaya breaks down we're completely screwed, he was trying to do the job of two players vs Chelsea......

TrueBlue1705 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:

No one gives a shit about value for money .... We just want to win the league and beat Chelsea - If we dont win it this season I only see it getting much harder to win next season, so getting Fernando in the summer on a free will be shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted!!! .... And why the f*ck did we let Barry go to Everton given that bad decision you'd think we'd make damn sure the Fernando deal went through .... We've left ourselves woefully short of quality cover in CM. If Yaya breaks down we're completely screwed, he was trying to do the job of two players vs Chelsea......

Said this would happen in the summer and so did a few others. Our first team is great but the drop of in quality in key positions is noticeable. I knew just bringing in Fern' and letting Barry go would come back to bite us if either Yaya and Fern' got injured.

I just hope he's not out for too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.