Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
m7mcfc said:
Anyone know why he is being overlooked by the national team at the moment?
Ramires and Paulinho are seen as the future mate. He knows he has to move to get a place for the WC and so on. Brazil is on the cusp of being a world beating team again. Few years down the line and they'll be back.

m7mcfc said:
Like the lad said he needs the exposure of a big league.

He is currently overlooked for Ramires, Hernanes, Sandro and Paulinho as they play in leagues with a much greater reputation than the Ukrainian league.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
m7mcfc said:

He is currently overlooked for Ramires, Hernanes, Sandro and Paulinho as they play in leagues with a much greater reputation than the Ukrainian league.

Thought that that was the case but Shaktar are no smocks and a lot of Brazillian lads ply their trade there.

m7mcfc said:

Just as he said... the Ukrainian league is overlooked and not taken as a strong league by Brazilians. They view the PL as probably the best and most respected league in the world.

Fernandinho is a country mile better and offers a hell of a lot more than Ramires ... a real box to box midfielder, but because Ramires plays for Chelsea in PL he gets picked over Fernan always and Fernan knows this.

His last cap was February '12 against Bosnia. Since then he has impressed with some incredible Champions League performances but wasn't called up. Just like not playing in a red shirt hurts your England chances, not playing in a top league (or the Brazilian league) hurts your Selecao chances.

From this article about him: <a class="postlink" href="http://brazil.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/fernandinho-the-textbook-central-midfielder.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://brazil.worldcupblog.org/world-cu ... elder.html</a>

Of all of Mano’s exclusions, Fernandinho’s is the most baffling. Not because he’s the best player left out of the squad, or because we’re thin at his position. But because he played really well when Mano called him up. And not just after one game either. He was key against Ghana, the man of the match (in my opinion) against Mexico, and stellar against Gabon, Egypt and Bosnia. I really thought he had cemented a place in the side. Then the Olympics rolled around, Mano called up Romulo, and Paulinho after him, and has apparently forgotten all about the dynamic midfielder currently plying his trade in Ukraine. (Also home, it’s worth saying, to the immortal Giuliano.)

m7mcfc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
m7mcfc said:

Thought that that was the case but Shaktar are no smocks and a lot of Brazillian lads ply their trade there.
That is true but it's more of a development ground for them. How many Brazilians that play in the Ukraine have been called up recently?

Even Willian can't get a sniff of the squad yet an out of form Pato can

--------------------HART--------------------
-ZABALETA--KOMPANY----NASTASIC--CLICHY----
--------------Y.TOURE--FERNANDINHO--------
----------SILVA-----ISCO-----NASRI----------
------------------AGUERO-------------------

YES PLEASE

alextheswede said:
-------------Y.TOURE--FERNANDINHO--------
---------SILVA----AGUERO------ISCO------
-------------------CAVANI-------------------

YES PLEASE

kun said:
alextheswede said:
-------------Y.TOURE--FERNANDINHO--------
---------SILVA----AGUERO------ISCO------
-------------------CAVANI-------------------

YES PLEASE

GO ON THEN

SuperSilva said:
LoveCity said:
Retweeted by Fernandinho the other day: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/mfajarh/status/330649157645762561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/mfajarh/status/330649157645762561</a>

"Please come to City."

Shakhtar have really gotta give up on trying to retain this man. He is a goner and this tweet just exemplifies it!

He is gonna be ACE with us next season!

-- Sun May 05, 2013 10:48 pm --

simonmdm said:
I like that article but something tells me that they'll be another one very soon with it claiming he's been misquoted! Sorry, it's just me worrying and thinking nothing is ever as simple as a player wanting to move and then us signing him without there being any problems.

He has retweeted a message "please come to City" on his official Twitter page... it doesn't get more point blank clear than that.

Think this will be sorted sooner than we think as this man wants IN on City.

I hadn't seen or heard about the retweet. Seems very positive for us and I agree that it might be done quite quickly (or that's what I'm hoping!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.