Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
itisrising said:
bluethunder said:
Jumanji said:
So who are the 15 DMs better than Fernandinho?

fernandinho most certainly makes it in the the top 10 DM's.

he also makes it in the guardian's top 100 best footballers. he is #38 .

Yep because that list in definitive, right? Fernandinho is better than Vidal and Martinez right? Oscar is better than Bale right? Willian is better than Ribery right? Ferna isn't top 15 IMO and I wrote a list a couple of posts ago of the players for whom I believe are better and I stand by it. He's good but not THAT good. You're hyping him up and you'll only get disappointed IMO because by the sounds of it, you're expecting some sort of world-beater.

I think you need to step away from the computer and take a few deep breaths mate.

itisrising said:
Jumanji said:
itisrising said:
Really? That's is such a stupid statement. He's nowhere near either. Busquets is top 3 in his position and Xavi is one of the best players in the World. Ferna isn't even top 10 even 15 in his position. Stop hyping players because you will be disappointed.
So who are the 15 DMs better than Fernandinho?

Alonso, Busquets, Schweiny, DDR, Javi Martinez, Pirlo, Mascherano, Yaya, Marchisio, Vidal, Moutinho, Fellaini, Paulinho, Khedira, Hernanes, Bender, Gundogan. That's more than 15 that IMO are better.

i'll make it easy and just highlight all that is wrong with your post, it really doesn't deserve a response.

Fellaini is better that Fernandinho and the fact that you don't believe that makes me think you are utterly bias in the matter. Fellaini at times was unplayable last season is a relatively weak side in one of the best leagues in the world. 3 years Fernandinho's junior, he was directly involved ( goals and assists) 18 times in 31 games all the while playing in CM/CDM. Fellaini was one of the best players in the league. He can defend and hassle attackers while being a goal threat on the ball with his strength and powerful shot and also set pieces with his great heading ability. For you to even suggest Fernandino, for whom has only now attracted serious interest and been playing in a weak league, is better than one of the best CM/CDM's in our league is ignorant. I doubt you've ever even watched Fernandinho play in the Ukrainian league yet you can he's on Xavi's level is foolish to say the least. You are quite obviously hyping him up on the sole reason that he's joined us and objective reasoning seems to have eluded you. And to take a leaf out of your book ; I can't take you seriously when you say he's as good as Xavi for whom is one of the greats in football and is one of the best at this moment. I'm saying this as a fellow blue and someone who wants Fernandinho to shine ; Stop overestimating him or you'll be disappointed.

itisrising said:
Fellaini is better that Fernandinho and the fact that you don't believe that makes me think you are utterly bias in the matter. Fellaini at times was unplayable last season is a relatively weak side in one of the best leagues in the world. 3 years Fernandinho's junior, he was directly involved ( goals and assists) 18 times in 31 games all the while playing in CM/CDM. Fellaini was one of the best players in the league. He can defend and hassle attackers while being a goal threat on the ball with his strength and powerful shot and also set pieces with his great heading ability. For you to even suggest Fernandino, for whom has only now attracted serious interest and been playing in a weak league, is better than one of the best CM/CDM's in our league is ignorant. I doubt you've ever even watched Fernandinho play in the Ukrainian league yet you can he's on Xavi's level is foolish to say the least. You are quite obviously hyping him up on the sole reason that he's joined us and objective reasoning seems to have eluded you. And to take a leaf out of your book ; I can't take you seriously when you say he's as good as Xavi for whom is one of the greats in football and is one of the best at this moment. I'm saying this as a fellow blue and someone who wants Fernandinho to shine ; Stop overestimating him or you'll be disappointed.

unplayable at an attacking mid role yes, but after he got switched to defensive mid (at his own request) he wasn't half as effective also, their styles of play are at other ends of the spectrum what makes me exited about fernandinho is that i can't name a single DM that has the same play style or skill-set as him i believe he'll add a dimension we were lacking last season and really complement that transition between defence and attack.

may i also add, although i'm salivating the thought of watching Fernandinho week in week out and i think he'll prove to be an excellent acquisition he just isn't in the same bracket as Xavi and far from it, Xavi is on another level completely

Dzekolol said:
itisrising said:

You can't be serious......

Martinez, Fellaini?
images

I've made my thoughts on Fellaini clear in my other post but dear God, Martinez? I don't even know how to respond. The Guy is world class. I guess being a key player in the current best side in the world wont lead to some fans taking off their blue tinted specs off. Martinez
actually plays for Spain, The current best side in the world, and has been described by his boss as a complete player and as the next Patrick Vieria. I guess in your eyes Fernandinho would walk in Spain's and Bayerns first team, right?

Obviously this is probably, out of all our transfers, the player that divides opinion the most. It is unfortunate that there is little footage out there on youtube etc. for us to look at, so we will just have to wait and see how he does in the team ( this is the only good video I can find: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9619820/fernandinho_vs_chelsea_a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9619820/f ... chelsea_a/</a>) . Personally, this is a player I was hoping we would get long before it was announced, so I have high hopes for him.

My basic point is that I find it absurd how people can say that Fernandinho is better than the likes of Gudogan, Martinez, Marcherano etc all the while the Guy hasn't proven himself against strong competition aside from the odd Chelsea game. The players I've mentioned have PROVEN themselves in some of the best leagues in the World and have maintained a level of performance that warrants them being called world class. Fernandinho hasn't accomplished anything of note and most if not all blues don't know anything about him apart from an odd YT clip, a blog and a couple preseason games where he looked far from better than them and worth the 30M outlay (Ill put it down to fitness and he did look alright) and to go out and make such ridiculous sweeping statements Ala he's as good as Xavi is idiotic and what I'd expect from the rags. Lets wait and see how well he does before making stupid statements that have no warrant.

You say we don't know anything about him (so you wouldn't either) but you sure know conclusively who's better than Dinho...hmm

itisrising said:
My basic point is that I find it absurd how people can say that Fernandinho is better than the likes of Gudogan, Martinez, Marcherano etc all the while the Guy hasn't proven himself against strong competition aside from the odd Chelsea game. The players I've mentioned have PROVEN themselves in some of the best leagues in the World and have maintained a level of performance that warrants them being called world class. Fernandinho hasn't accomplished anything of note and most if not all blues don't know anything about him apart from an odd YT clip, a blog and a couple preseason games where he looked far from better than them and worth the 30M outlay (Ill put it down to fitness and he did look alright) and to go out and make such ridiculous sweeping statements Ala he's as good as Xavi is idiotic and what I'd expect from the rags. Lets wait and see how well he does before making stupid statements that have no warrant.
He has played against good opposition in the past few years but we unfortunately don't have any good footage to look at besides the one vs. Chelsea.

Jumanji said:
You say we don't know anything about him (so you wouldn't either) but you sure know conclusively who's better than Dinho...hmm

Because they've proven themselves, he hasn't. Without seeing him properly, there's no ay to say that he IS better so for someone to say he's better than A,B and C basically tells you they are basing their opinion on the fact that he's a blue. For example, lets say this wonderkid is tearing up the Polish league, would it be fair to say that he's not better than the likes of Ronaldo and Messing? Of course because he hasn't proven himself as is the case with Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.