Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only seen the guy on tv a couple of times so wasn't really sure what we were buying and I'm still not. He's physically a lot smaller and slighter than I was expecting. He seems technically good and quick over 5-10 yards, but not massively strong in the tackle. Only 7 games in but seems much better suited to the CL than the PL. Hoping we see a massive improvement as the season progresses and we should do for a £30m price tag.

foreverablue18 said:
El Mago Silva said:
How about this for a Fernandinho song?

Ohhhh Fernandinho
Came from Shakhtar - to win the Prem
Better than Ramires, Paulinho, and the rest
Paid 4 million quid (or "Turned down his bonus") so that he could join the best

Feedback appreciated - Fernan deserves a song :)

THATS TOP! Certainly could get going that one!

Thanks a lot!<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm --<br /><br />
FredTilson said:
El Mago Silva said:

Ohhhh Fernandinho

How about Came from Shakhtar - to wear the Crest

Yes, that would make the whole stanza rhyme. Not sure if "crest" is specific enough though. Any other thoughts?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the 1894 forum is not as popular.

Thanks again!

El Mago Silva said:
foreverablue18 said:
El Mago Silva said:

Ohhhh Fernandinho

THATS TOP! Certainly could get going that one!

Thanks a lot!

-- Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm --

FredTilson said:
El Mago Silva said:

Ohhhh Fernandinho

How about Came from Shakhtar - to wear the Crest

Yes, that would make the whole stanza rhyme. Not sure if "crest" is specific enough though. Any other thoughts?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the 1894 forum is not as popular.

Thanks again!
keep coming. just don't do songs, mate.

I'm sorry but Fernandinho is garbage, he runs around like a headless chicken, pick up a decent position and shut options down for gods sake man.

Makes me laugh people laud him for one pass to Dzeko when the truth is we are far too easy to play against.

No disgrace in getting humped by Munich but it highlights what has been happening away from home.

Of course I want him to come good, what blue wants us to fail? But Yaya and Fernandinho far too lightweight. We need someone who is going to stop the other team playing, even teams like Barca have a Busquets etc.

casualdeyna said:
I'm sorry but Fernandinho is garbage, he runs around like a headless chicken, pick up a decent position and shut options down for gods sake man.

Makes me laugh people laud him for one pass to Dzeko when the truth is we are far too easy to play against.

No disgrace in getting humped by Munich but it highlights what has been happening away from home.

Of course I want him to come good, what blue wants us to fail? But Yaya and Fernandinho far too lightweight. We need someone who is going to stop the other team playing, even teams like Barca have a Busquets etc.
feck off, he didn't stand a chance in a two man midfield against the best side in the world.

Before anyone accuses me of being unpatriotic for not being there I'm on honeymoon watching at bar and despite tonight I don't think we are far off, we just need to play 3 in midfield or Fernandinho figure it out pronto, we're far too nicey-nicey at the moment<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 pm --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
casualdeyna said:

feck off, he didn't stand a chance in a two man midfield against the best side in the world.

You forgetting the third that was his fault almost entirely ?!?!!!

Admittedly he was at fault for the third goal tonight. But some of his long passes out to the right wing were superb. Encouraging.

casualdeyna said:
Before anyone accuses me of being unpatriotic for not being there I'm on honeymoon watching at bar and despite tonight I don't think we are far off, we just need to play 3 in midfield or Fernandinho figure it out pronto, we're far too nicey-nicey at the moment

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 pm --

greasedupdeafguy said:
casualdeyna said:

He was very poor on that goal, but 'his fault almost entirely' generously absolves Nastasic and Hart of a lot of blame.

casualdeyna said:
Before anyone accuses me of being unpatriotic for not being there I'm on honeymoon watching at bar and despite tonight I don't think we are far off, we just need to play 3 in midfield or Fernandinho figure it out pronto, we're far too nicey-nicey at the moment

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 pm --

greasedupdeafguy said:
casualdeyna said:

He was dispossesed trying to do something with the ball. Can't really fault him too much.

Come on lads, what's with the Fernandinho love in? It's still early days so he of course can prove to be a great signing, but so far he hasn't played well.

We don't need another player who can play encouraging balls around, we already have players like that.

Hart had a shocker but we didn't get rid of a player in same position and sign him for £30M

I don't know why you can't say in this thread that defensively in midfield he hasn't offered anything so far, and he is running all over the place at the moment. We don't want someone to run around constantly, anyone can do that, we want a centre mid who reads a game and pushes the opposition in to areas where they do us less damage.

I just want to sound off I suppose, get it off my chest, I wanted to be there so I could shout and scream, I just honestly expected more than I've seen so far, but I hope Fernandinho rams these words down my throat by end of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.