Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
In possession, he tends to pick the easy pass and doesn't run with the ball. He's quite static and looks weak under pressure.

He makes more key passes than either of the two defensive midfielders who have left the club. He's made some good penetrating passes from quite deep on the pitch that have bypassed the opposition midfield like one against United. And I asked you this on another page and got no answer - did we ever see an assist like that of Fernandinho's for Dzeko against Wigan by Barry or De Jong? Because I am finding it hard to think of any. The vision in that pass was impressive for someone you are trying to convince so many offers nothing but the basics. And calling him static got a chuckle out of me, when he's made some excellent interceptions and tackles already - the guy is all over the place, often doing the work of two men when Yaya pushes forward. To be honest, you seem to have no appreciation of the defensive side of the game or work off the ball. Barry was (rightly) lauded for this, but Fernandinho's work off the ball has been excellent just lately.

LoveCity said:
mammutly said:
In possession, he tends to pick the easy pass and doesn't run with the ball. He's quite static and looks weak under pressure.

He makes more key passes than either of the two defensive midfielders who have left the club. He's made some good penetrating passes from quite deep on the pitch that have bypassed the opposition midfield like one against United. And I asked you this on another page and got no answer - did we ever see an assist like that of Fernandinho's for Dzeko against Wigan by Barry or De Jong? Because I am finding it hard to think of any. The vision in that pass was impressive for someone you are trying to convince so many offers nothing but the basics. And calling him static got a chuckle out of me, when he's made some excellent interceptions and tackles already. To be honest, you seem to have no appreciation of the defensive side of the game or work off the ball. Barry was (rightly) lauded for this, but Fernandinho's work off the ball has been excellent just lately.

mammutly has been caught out being horrifically wrong about a player, and instead of admitting his ignorance and be happy for the player (and by extension the team, FFS) he's hoping fernandinho fails to justify his ridiculous criticisms

Blue2112 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Blue2112 said:
I addressed the it didn't cost me a penny earlier, it's a lame point and it's really not the point otherwise we might as well close the forum and end all discussion and debates on City as none of the players cost any of us a single penny. It's a forum and so it's up for debate. I'd also suggest paying extortionate fee's does have an effect on the club for one whenever we go to buy another player but that's not the issue here. Now over the past 41 years I've seen plenty of powers that be buy what they thought was the correct player and yet get it wrong, hopefully as I keep saying I want Fernandinho to be brilliant for us but if we're going down the road of can't question or discuss a player because the powers that be wanted him then like I said lets close the forum here and now. We're all City fan's and we will all debate the players, the tactics, what was the best ever socks we've worn and yes even the value of our transfer fee's whether that's here or down the pub.

and if we make it out of the group, have a good knockout run and finish in the top 4 we'll have recouped his price tag and more, so it will be worth it regardless of the original fee.

Ah c'mon Joe City with or without Fernandinho - lets say we bought a cheaper option or hell it doesn't even matter let's go with a more expensive option - we should still be getting out of this group this season. Away from Fernandinho I keep reading how we've got to improve this season and rightly so but I'm gearing up for the Pellegrini hype if we do qualify and how he's managed to do what Mancini couldn't. It's not comparable the last two seasons opponents to this years. If we progress and beat a big name along the way I may have to re-think.
That's BS in my books tho. If you want to compare mancini with mr pelle then you surely have to chill till seasons end and see how far we've progressed.

vintiz said:
Blue2112 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
and if we make it out of the group, have a good knockout run and finish in the top 4 we'll have recouped his price tag and more, so it will be worth it regardless of the original fee.

Ah c'mon Joe City with or without Fernandinho - lets say we bought a cheaper option or hell it doesn't even matter let's go with a more expensive option - we should still be getting out of this group this season. Away from Fernandinho I keep reading how we've got to improve this season and rightly so but I'm gearing up for the Pellegrini hype if we do qualify and how he's managed to do what Mancini couldn't. It's not comparable the last two seasons opponents to this years. If we progress and beat a big name along the way I may have to re-think.
That's BS in my books tho. If you want to compare mancini with mr pelle then you surely have to chill till seasons end and see how far we've progressed.

That's why I said if we beat a big name after the group stages I'll concede we've progressed as surely getting out of the group this year should be a damn sight easier than the past two attempts were.

barry scored not one , but two own goals last season. the guy reached his expiry date. fernandinho might have costed 35 million but that's the transfer market for you.

How about this for a Fernandinho song?

Ohhhh Fernandinho
Came from Shakhtar - to win the Prem
Better than Ramires, Paulinho, and the rest
Paid 4 million quid (or "Turned down his bonus") so that he could join the best

Feedback appreciated - Fernan deserves a song :)

LoveCity said:
mammutly said:

He makes more key passes than either of the two defensive midfielders who have left the club. He's made some good penetrating passes from quite deep on the pitch that have bypassed the opposition midfield like one against United. And I asked you this on another page and got no answer - did we ever see an assist like that of Fernandinho's for Dzeko against Wigan by Barry or De Jong? Because I am finding it hard to think of any. The vision in that pass was impressive for someone you are trying to convince so many offers nothing but the basics. And calling him static got a chuckle out of me, when he's made some excellent interceptions and tackles already - the guy is all over the place, often doing the work of two men when Yaya pushes forward. To be honest, you seem to have no appreciation of the defensive side of the game or work off the ball. Barry was (rightly) lauded for this, but Fernandinho's work off the ball has been excellent just lately.

I agree static was the wrong word. What I meant was that he holds a position on the pitch, which some may say is a qualiity. It's just that when there is space to create something, he tends not to exploit it. Rather he picks a short passing option.

As for the assist against Wigan. I agree it was a quality ball. Fernandinho is a neat palyer who, when he has time and space, makes efficient use of the ball. He does tend to get pushed off it quite easily though and his close control is not the best.

Overall a decent player, but I don't think the rest of the premiership are exactly jealous of a new defensive maestro, do you?

andrewmswift said:
LoveCity said:
mammutly said:

He makes more key passes than either of the two defensive midfielders who have left the club. He's made some good penetrating passes from quite deep on the pitch that have bypassed the opposition midfield like one against United. And I asked you this on another page and got no answer - did we ever see an assist like that of Fernandinho's for Dzeko against Wigan by Barry or De Jong? Because I am finding it hard to think of any. The vision in that pass was impressive for someone you are trying to convince so many offers nothing but the basics. And calling him static got a chuckle out of me, when he's made some excellent interceptions and tackles already. To be honest, you seem to have no appreciation of the defensive side of the game or work off the ball. Barry was (rightly) lauded for this, but Fernandinho's work off the ball has been excellent just lately.

mammutly has been caught out being horrifically wrong about a player, and instead of admitting his ignorance and be happy for the player (and by extension the team, FFS) he's hoping fernandinho fails to justify his ridiculous criticisms

That's what it sounds like having read his input ... very strange behaviour.

My opinion is that Fern will be the man to finally replace Nige (who had better technique than a lot of you seem to remember). Unlike some, I thought he had an average game against Villa but even in the games where he hasn't done anything superb, you can still see he has the potential.

I don't know if this has been covered, as there's just too much bullshit to wade through. However, a few pages ago mammutly seemed fixated on comparing his initial assessment of Jo to his seemingly controversial opinion on the talents of Fernandinho.

Whilst correctly assuming that Jo would not turn into the ruthless goal-machine that we all wanted, you were wrong about a number of things. Firstly, you stated that he wouldn't make it into any other Premier League team and that, if he went to Everton, Moyes wouldn't play him. Moyes liked him enough to take him for a second loan whilst Jo played 27 league games, scoring 5 goals. You also stated he would not play for Brazil again. João Alves de Assis Silva has scored 5 international goals over 4 months in 2013.

I hate to use my first post trying to discredit the opinion of a fellow Blue but I get the idea that you feel justified in your hurried assessment of Fernandinho because of a partially correct call he made about a player nearly 5 years ago. Fair enough, you don't think Fern will have that big an impact. After all, Bluemoon seems to be some sort of Mecca for fickle Blues who exaggerate and change their opinion with every brilliant/ poor result and, at the very least, you remain consistent in your views.

BUT, when the only reason you're standing firm is because you're using your predictions on the failings of Jo as a crutch, I'd like to take the opportunity to kick it out from under you.

El Mago Silva said:
How about this for a Fernandinho song?

Ohhhh Fernandinho
Came from Shakhtar - to win the Prem
Better than Ramires, Paulinho, and the rest
Paid 4 million quid (or "Turned down his bonus") so that he could join the best

Feedback appreciated - Fernan deserves a song :)

THATS TOP! Certainly could get going that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.