Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were waaaaaay to reliant on him stopping their counters in the first half, but he played well again. Needs to gym it a bit and get his arse to bem brasil for me though

FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:
still managing to lose the ball when we're high up the pitch, giving up two dangerous counter attacks today. Shrugged off the ball too easily at times

On the flip,he has a fantastic engine,breaks up numerous attacks,has a great passing range and gives nothing less than his best.
That's the thing for me, he does possess all those qualities and I'm happy we signed him. The post above yours makes good points though, it's something I've noticed but just put it down to finding the pace of the league. Once he's settled I expect the unforced errors to go and him become an important cog in the engine.

FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:
still managing to lose the ball when we're high up the pitch, giving up two dangerous counter attacks today. Shrugged off the ball too easily at times

On the flip,he has a fantastic engine,breaks up numerous attacks,has a great passing range and gives nothing less than his best.
Barry has the same qualities and arguably does it better

blightee said:
FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:

Cant run though and wouldnt have a prayer of stopping the opposition counter attacks in the way fernandinho is doing for us

blightee said:
FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:

Barry,although similar,is more defensive,and doesnt have the pace,agility or mobility that gives Fernandinho the edge.

FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:
FantasyIreland said:

Barry,although similar,is more defensive,and doesnt have the pace,agility or mobility that gives Fernandinho the edge.
I'd agree with all that, Barry was a good servant for us and his form in the title winning season was up there with anyone. His pace was always going to be the problem as he got older. Bringing Fernandinho in was good business as once he's adapted I think he can do all the good that Barry was capable of as well as a few things he wasn't.

The Fat el Hombre said:
We were waaaaaay to reliant on him stopping their counters in the first half, but he played well again. Needs to gym it a bit and get his arse to bem brasil for me though

Can see your point but would be against him putting on weight. I think it'd blunt his agility and quickness and it's those qualities that make him such an interception monster. That skill in particular is what sets him apart from Barry IMO.

Thought he had a good game today, my only minor gripe is that he gets the wrong side every now and then which, if he misses the challenge, gives the opposition a clear run.

Rammy Blue said:
Thought he had a good game today, my only minor gripe is that he gets the wrong side every now and then which, if he misses the challenge, gives the opposition a clear run.

That's when you'd hope he had a colleague to cover his mistake.

Once again didnt get called up for Brazil's next two friendly matches i October. Probably nothing to do with his Sahtar years maybe Scolari doesnt rate him...

Well at least he wont be coming back injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.