Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
blightee said:
FantasyIreland said:
blightee said:
still managing to lose the ball when we're high up the pitch, giving up two dangerous counter attacks today. Shrugged off the ball too easily at times

On the flip,he has a fantastic engine,breaks up numerous attacks,has a great passing range and gives nothing less than his best.
Barry has the same qualities and arguably does it better

But he's very slow and not as good on the ball. Would he have been able to make those plays on the counter? I don't think so. The guy broke up what was to be a sure fire goal in the first yet still the guy can do nothing right for some. Did Barry never lose the ball? I remember him being pretty poor last season.

Was that his 4th booking so far this season. Every single booking has come from him losing possession in the middle and needlessly fouling his man. Not good at this level, really learn from your fucking mistakes after the first, second, maybe even the third booking or will it take a ban before the penny drops. Its not schoolboy level. I watch him closely and yes he makes interceptions (he's supposed to) and he breaks the odd attack down (he's supposed to) but other than that I don't get him. Doesn't do it for me and I'm sorry I'm really sorry that all the happy clappers don't like it but for me he's got one of the most important positions on the pitch and he's not good enough.

Braggster said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
We were waaaaaay to reliant on him stopping their counters in the first half, but he played well again. Needs to gym it a bit and get his arse to bem brasil for me though

Can see your point but would be against him putting on weight. I think it'd blunt his agility and quickness and it's those qualities that make him such an interception monster. That skill in particular is what sets him apart from Barry IMO.

I think he's way too slight and can put a bit of beef on him and add strength without losing any agility or speed

I love this man IMO his a workhorse. I do agree he loses possession more but I'm sure he will get better. What I do wish is that he shoot the ball every now and then bc he has a awesome shot. Today he had a chance but tried to look for the pass

Blue2112 said:
Was that his 4th booking so far this season. Every single booking has come from him losing possession in the middle and needlessly fouling his man. Not good at this level, really learn from your fucking mistakes after the first, second, maybe even the third booking or will it take a ban before the penny drops. Its not schoolboy level. I watch him closely and yes he makes interceptions (he's supposed to) and he breaks the odd attack down (he's supposed to) but other than that I don't get him. Doesn't do it for me and I'm sorry I'm really sorry that all the happy clappers don't like it but for me he's got one of the most important positions on the pitch and he's not good enough.

Just because someone disagrees with your view does not make them a "happy clapper." I think today was his best performance by far and the signs are encouraging. I seem to remember Silva and NDJ did not tear it up in the first few weeks.

Caught flat footed and dispossessed a few times, but overall a good, solid performance.

He's in the midfield to break up play and protect the back four and keep things tidy, and today he had 5 tackles (second most), 2 interceptions (tied most) and completed 87% of his passes.

Job done.

I thought everyone played well today, him included.

He clearly isn't a £30m player but the price isn't his fault.

He has been inconsistent but hopefully he will come good consistently.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

I am not having that one bit, for most of the games he has played for us he has been great

Ducado said:

I am not having that one bit, for most of the games he has played for us he has been great

Doing the same job Barry did but with a great deal more mobility and a far better range of passing.
People are just looking at the price tag and expecting him to be scoring and creating goals every week. It's blinkering people to what he actually does and how well he does it.

stony said:
Ducado said:

Doing the same job Barry did but with a great deal more mobility and a far better range of passing.
People are just looking at the price tag and expecting him to be scoring and creating goals every week. It's blinkering people to what he actually does and how well he does it.

This!

I think it's also that people don't really understand what his job is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.