Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
bluethunder said:
mammutly said:
There are no haters. What are you reading that makes you think that?

if you been following this thread you'd know that a few posters been very critical of fernandinho.

one stupid poster even said that fellaini is a much better player.

every other day some loser makes a negative comment.

Negative comment doesn't make someone stupid or a loser. Fellani at Everton was a class player, but very different from Fernandinho.

I don't think Fernandinho is the superstar some people make out, doesn't mean I don't think he's decent.
Funny this- You are doing the exact same thing you have accused others of. True, just because you think he has some faults doesn't mean you hate him. nor does someone thinking he is an upgrade over Barry or Garcia, mean they think he is a superstar.

I've been somewhat disappointed by him. No matter what any one says, there is no way this guy was worth £30 million. He's got a decent touch, a decent pass, and is pretty good at breaking up attacks before they happen, but he gives very little protection to the back four and is very lightweight and I don't think I've noted a single outstanding attribute.

I know you've all heard this before but "we should never have got rid of Barry".

However, I think Ferna could be a very good player in the BPL once he's settled in a little bit, but for now, why not play Milner just in front of the back four? For me he's like Barry V:2.0. He's effort can't be faulted, his tackling is sublime, he'd cover the back four, has strength and pace (well, more than Barry) and his passing is sublime.

For me the Midfield should be:
CDM: Milner
RM: Navas
LM: Silva
CAM: Yaya Toure

The other advantage of this is pushing Yaya into a more effective attacking position.

JJCMCFC said:
I've been somewhat disappointed by him. No matter what any one says, there is no way this guy was worth £30 million. He's got a decent touch, a decent pass, and is pretty good at breaking up attacks before they happen, but he gives very little protection to the back four and is very lightweight and I don't think I've noted a single outstanding attribute.

I know you've all heard this before but "we should never have got rid of Barry".

However, I think Ferna could be a very good player in the BPL once he's settled in a little bit, but for now, why not play Milner just in front of the back four? For me he's like Barry V:2.0. He's effort can't be faulted, his tackling is sublime, he'd cover the back four, has strength and pace (well, more than Barry) and his passing is sublime.

The other advantage of this is pushing Yaya into a more effective attacking position.

the fact that you propose this line up shows to me that you have very little knowledge of football.

you cannot possibly play that diamond with navas on the right, it would have to be a player that can both defend and attack.

you can't even play david silva on the left of a diamond formation, it would be too risky.

oh and the last time we played milner (correct me if im wrong) in midfield, he got a red card.

JJCMCFC said:

Milner's passing never struck me as sublime. The effort yes, he tackling yes, the cover yes, strength yes. But he's actually one of the slower players on the team if you watch him carefully. Has no real acceleration. He beats his man on the outside mostly via tricks/dribbling. And Fernandinho beats hm there as well. I'm not saying that Milner can't do a job in front of the back four, but it would be similar to De Jong, and not Barry. Simply lacks passing ability.

Burtonblue said:
An upgrade on Barry for me.
Intelligent in the same way but much more mobile.
Seems to have come in for some stick from elements of the media for no reason I can see.
Quickens our central midfield play and gives our back 4 essential cover.
Top player.

Dont see how his cover has been any better than that of Barry's, we have conceded a lot this season through a lack of midfield cover.

1dart said:
Burtonblue said:
An upgrade on Barry for me.
Intelligent in the same way but much more mobile.
Seems to have come in for some stick from elements of the media for no reason I can see.
Quickens our central midfield play and gives our back 4 essential cover.
Top player.

Dont see how his cover has been any better than that of Barry's, we have conceded a lot this season through a lack of midfield cover.

It's simply because the defensive line does not yet meet pellegrini's demands of playing high upfield, esp. in awaygames. At home we seem confident enough. Therefore it looks like Fernandinho doesn't cover the defence too well. It's simply because he needs to fill too big a gap that often appears between midfield and the backline. It will come good, and when it does you'll see fernandinho's strenght in breaking up play and in an instant put us on the attack. That is where Barry held us back (too slow and one-tempo), evenso De Jong (always laying the ball back or sideways).

bluethunder said:
JJCMCFC said:

the fact that you propose this line up shows to me that you have very little knowledge of football.

you cannot possibly play that diamond with navas on the right, it would have to be a player that can both defend and attack.

you can't even play david silva on the left of a diamond formation, it would be too risky.

oh and the last time we played milner (correct me if im wrong) in midfield, he got a red card.

Alright, calm down. Didn't realise we had a master tactician amongst our ranks.
Perhaps you're right though. I just thought it would be nice to see Yaya in a more advanced role.
Maybe a 4-2-3-1 would work better -

Milner, Yaya
Navas, Aguero, Silva

- as our midfield

UnknownGenius said:
JJCMCFC said:

Milner's passing never struck me as sublime. The effort yes, he tackling yes, the cover yes, strength yes. But he's actually one of the slower players on the team if you watch him carefully. Has no real acceleration. He beats his man on the outside mostly via tricks/dribbling. And Fernandinho beats hm there as well. I'm not saying that Milner can't do a job in front of the back four, but it would be similar to De Jong, and not Barry. Simply lacks passing ability.

I would say his passing is pretty good. Not just short passing, but this goal vs Villa shows his long passing and finishing ability. If you hadn't guessed by now, I'm a big fan of Milner haha

(About 40 seconds in)
<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2011/October/City-v-Villa-60-second-highlights-15Oct2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highligh ... -15Oct2011</a>

JJCMCFC said:

He can't play there because his touch is poor, his intelligence to play that role is not there from what i've seen and his passing is far from sublime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.