Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
totalfootball said:
the long awaited season review:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_H0z6CxLc[/youtube]

One thing what amazes me about him is that fact that only does he intercept the ball, he looks to pass the ball instantly. Normally, you see someone just intercept and not matter where the ball ends up, Fernandinho sort of intercept/passes the ball.

totalfootball said:
teddykgb said:
3-5-2 with Fernandinho as a CB? A 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? Honestly, I hope you're joking.

why would i be joking ?

have you never seen a defensive midfielder playing in between two CB's before ? are you new to football ?

teddykgb said:
If we played your diamond against Bayern we might concede 11 with Robben and Ribery with space to roam.

not if the two strikers play as false wingers.

888194_Champions_League_Team.jpg
so in effect you want to play the pep guardiola 4-3-3 with a false no.9, not a diamond.

aguero93:20 said:
totalfootball said:
teddykgb said:
3-5-2 with Fernandinho as a CB? A 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? Honestly, I hope you're joking.

why would i be joking ?

have you never seen a defensive midfielder playing in between two CB's before ? are you new to football ?

teddykgb said:
If we played your diamond against Bayern we might concede 11 with Robben and Ribery with space to roam.

so in effect you want to play the pep guardiola 4-3-3 with a false no.9, not a diamond.

the 4-3-3 with a false no.9 has a diamond midfield.

why do you think barcelona and bayern manage to get so much possession. it is has less to do with the players they have and more to do with the the diamond in midfield.

totalfootball said:
totalfootball said:
why would i be joking ?

why do you think barcelona and bayern manage to get so much possession. it is has less to do with the players they have and more to do with the the diamond in midfield.
with gotze or Silva playing as the false no 9, maybe, with messi, it doesn't, its about the personnel as much as the formation. plus, in the guardiola formation, the two central midfielders (in your graphic Milner and dinho, have massively different roles and responsibilities e.g. iniesta played up besides messi and villa as much as he did beside xavi, so its a lot different from the diamond midfield you seemed to be referring to in your earlier post, the mourinho one, where there was a noticeable gap between lampard and the strikers

totalfootball said:

with gotze or Silva playing as the false no 9, maybe, with messi, it doesn't, its about the personnel as much as the formation. plus, in the guardiola formation, the two central midfielders (in your graphic Milner and dinho, have massively different roles and responsibilities e.g. iniesta played up besides messi and villa as much as he did beside xavi, so its a lot different from the diamond midfield you seemed to be referring to in your earlier post, the mourinho one, where there was a noticeable gap between lampard and the strikers

are you seriously saying that barcelona don't play with a diamond in midfield ? or atleast used to (i dont know how they play now).

bar1.png

totalfootball said:
totalfootball said:

are you seriously saying that barcelona don't play with a diamond in midfield ? or atleast used to (i dont know how they play now).

bar1.png
ah I'm not gonna get sucked into an argument over this, barca have triangles all over the park, not diamonds, diamond midfield in England has always meant (since 2005 anyway) mourinhos diamonds and you were on about diamonds when all you needed to say was 4-3-3 with a false no.9, which is what everyone else in the world calls that formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.