Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
George Hannah said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Different ones for each game, it's called rotation and flexibility.
I love Fern but it's clear we can't play him and Yaya every game all season because they'll completely fade, we need depth and competition and tactical and squad rotation.

i don't want them to play every game either. but obviously garcia is useless and rodwell is always injured.

we still have milner who can play in midfield, i'm surprised he isn't being used there.

we already have the personnel to play a diamond in midfield, it is mind boggling why pellegrini insists on this 4-2-3-1 that never works.

888169_Champions_League_Team.jpg

this formation would allow us to slow down the game and get more control.

totalfootball said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
George Hannah said:
I love Fern but it's clear we can't play him and Yaya every game all season because they'll completely fade, we need depth and competition and tactical and squad rotation.

i don't want them to play every game either. but obviously garcia is useless and rodwell is always injured.

we still have milner who can play in midfield, i'm surprised he isn't being used there.

we already have the personnel to play a diamond in midfield, it is mind boggling why pellegrini insists on this 4-2-3-1 that never works.

Is that so different to Saturday?

Nasri usually plays where Silva is anyway, so all that tweak really does is ask Milner to tuck inside.

totalfootball said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
George Hannah said:

Nasri usually plays where Silva is anyway, so all that tweak really does is ask Milner to tuck inside.

King Geedorah said:
totalfootball said:

Why is that a bad thing ? sometimes we need more men in midfield because yaya and inferno are tired or are getting overrun.

the 3-5-2 is another formation that can give us more stability.

888173_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg

totalfootball said:
King Geedorah said:
totalfootball said:

Why is that a bad thing ? sometimes we need more men in midfield because yaya and inferno are tired or are getting overrun.

the 3-5-2 is another formation that can give us more stability.

888173_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg

Steady on.

3-5-2 with Fernandinho as a CB? A 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? Honestly, I hope you're joking. I won't even bother with the 3-5-2, but the diamond won't be effective because it would require our fullbacks to sit much deeper than they currently do, likely abandoning attack, since they would have no help out wide... and if the phrase "no help out wide" and "kolarov" strikes you as an awful idea, you're starting to catch on. All you've done is sucked some support inside and exposed us to wide play. If you're trying to solve the issue of helping Yaya and Fernandinho, you're going to have to do it by removing a striker, not shuffling the players behind the striker. If we played your diamond against Bayern we might concede 11 with Robben and Ribery with space to roam.

teddykgb said:
3-5-2 with Fernandinho as a CB? A 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? Honestly, I hope you're joking.

why would i be joking ?

have you never seen a defensive midfielder playing in between two CB's before ? are you new to football ?

teddykgb said:
If we played your diamond against Bayern we might concede 11 with Robben and Ribery with space to roam.

not if the two strikers play as false wingers.

888194_Champions_League_Team.jpg

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I think once rodwell is fit we could definitely switch to a 4-3-3

Hart

Zaba Kompany Nasty Clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya Rodwell

Silva/Navas Aguero/Negredo Nasri/Jovetic
Rodwell is not the answer !

Thenumber1blue said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I think once rodwell is fit we could definitely switch to a 4-3-3

Hart

Zaba Kompany Nasty Clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya Rodwell

Silva/Navas Aguero/Negredo Nasri/Jovetic
Rodwell is not the answer !
That is a brilliantly reasoned, well thought out and interesting point, bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.