Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
blightee said:
I stream football at work lol; whats it to you?
and yes i do watch german, spanish, russian, ukrainian, brazilian leagues etc every week
Oi Raggy why not worry about Gollum turing united into everton
instead of judging a player (who has done very well btw ) on 5 fucking pre season games. Its a bit strange how much you have it in for him.

muppet.

LoveCity said:
blightee said:
Gundogan? Bender? Gustavo? Fellani? Xabi Alonso?
All better players that we could have gotten for the same or less money

Fernandinho is a much superior footballer to Fellaini. If you think Fellaini would be a better signing for City, I don't think you understand styles of football and how we want to play. Fellaini works best off the striker receiving long balls. He's nothing special with the ball at his feet and Fernandinho is a much better all-rounder with better technical ability and pace (something that has been badly lacking in our midfield and addressed with Fernandinho).

Gustavo is purely a holding midfielder who would be a good signing for City but IN ADDITION to Fernandinho, not INSTEAD OF. Fernandinho is a dynamic midfielder which Gustavo isn't. Gustavo is a good holding midfielder who would protect the defence well in place of Garcia and/or Barry. He offers much less than Fernandinho beyond the half way line.

Alonso lost a step last season and is on the decline. City have done well to avoid him even though I would have loved him here once. It was obvious against Dortmund that he's lost something at the highest level.

Bender and Gundogan are both unavailable. If Dortmund had any willingness to sell more players, do you think they'd still be there? They are being very careful not to do a Porto and let themselves be asset stripped. Real Madrid and the rags have both sent for Gundogan, but Dortmund risk riots if they sell more big players (Reus another who is staying) after Gotze and with Lewandowski's exit inevitable.

You could wheel off names all day... you forgot the best, Vidal - but like some of the others he simply isn't available and you can't make a club sell unless you offer something like £60million (that is about what Vidal would cost). We got possibly the best available. Fernandinho was desperate to join so unlike some of the others was obtainable... Brazil's selectors ignore Ukraine so he will be hugely motivated (unlike someone on a last pay day like Alonso) to impress this year.

The fact you say Inler is better than Fernandinho makes me think you watch very little football. Inler is decent but not even close to Fernandinho's level... you have it in your mind now that Fernandinho isn't good though, so I won't even bother trying to argue that.

Try supporting the player instead of being so CLEARLY desperate for him to fail. Very egotistical.

Saved me a job. Cracking player Fernandinho.

pudge said:
blightee said:
I stream football at work lol; whats it to you?
and yes i do watch german, spanish, russian, ukrainian, brazilian leagues etc every week
Do you bend the space time continuum whilst at work too?

perhaps he does nights on consecutive weeks..

blightee said:
Gokhan Inler absolutely destroyed us when we played napoli, and is a much better player overall.

Now your just talking shite, Inler's that great a West Ham reject was keeping him out the team.

blightee said:
what a load of shit; he is not a 34.8million pound player, there are plenty of better midfielders that we could have gone after with that kind of money. He is not better than Paulinho, who is younger and went for half the price. Modric went to madrid last season for the exact same price, Modric is far and away a better player and more representitve of what a 35 million pound player should be. We got ripped off by Shaktar because it appears we had no other real targets, and they knew it.

But neither of them play the role that Fernandinho plays. They are attacking midfielders not defensive midfielders who link the play into attack. I guess you are only looking at goals to base your determination. Yes those players score more goals. That's not Fernandinho's job. We need a player who can shield the defence, then start the counter attack. Maybe we should just sign 10 strikers that score 20 goals a season. We would then score 760 goals, a PL record and obviously win every game.

moggymoz said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Because they haven't seen him. "He can't be that good cause he's in Ukrainian league" and the like jsut don't get it. There are good players there and they proved it in the CL last year. I would urge people to take a look at his games vs Dortmund, Juve and Chelsea and you'll see his class and he made more than his share of tackles.

I've just watched him twice in two days, live.

He's not a 32 million player. Probably worth half that. More mobile than Barry but less tenacious. Better in the tackle than Rodwell but lest direct and powerful. Shadow of a player compared to Yaya.

He's ok but not much more.

So who is your type of player... Giggs, Scholes ...
RAG

gelson a rag, ha ha.
pmsl.

Like what I have seen so far.

He sits in front of the defence and breaks up play and moves forward to press our advantage when attacking.

In other words exactly what we have needed.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Like what I have seen so far.

He sits in front of the defence and breaks up play and moves forward to press our advantage when attacking.

In other words exactly what we have needed.

spot on.

blinkblue said:
blightee said:
no, but its my club and I think we could have gotten a better player with that amount of money.

How often did you watch him before he came to City?

Seeing the posts, have to ask Blightee How often he watched City before he came????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.