Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Bender, Gustavo, and Fellaini do not possess Dinho's dynamism.

Fellaini is suited behind the striker. He does not have the qualities and composure to play deep effectively.

I agree with you. I will say I saw Sideshow Bob in the Everton v. Juve tie Wednesday night here in San Francisco playing a DM role. He was all over Tevez like a rash and really nullified him. I was surprised Martinez played him so defensively. Didn't create at all in attack, but that wasn't his job.

blightee said:
Gokhan Inler absolutely destroyed us when we played napoli, and is a much better player overall.
Just admit it, when your talking 40 million euros your targets should be a list of the cream of the crop, as any of them could be available at that price. we settled for less and payed for more

Is it your money?

no, but its my club and I think we could have gotten a better player with that amount of money.

blightee said:
Gundogan? Bender? Gustavo? Fellani? Xabi Alonso?
All better players that we could have gotten for the same or less money

Fernandinho is a much superior footballer to Fellaini. If you think Fellaini would be a better signing for City, I don't think you understand styles of football and how we want to play. Fellaini works best off the striker receiving long balls. He's nothing special with the ball at his feet and Fernandinho is a much better all-rounder with better technical ability and pace (something that has been badly lacking in our midfield and addressed with Fernandinho).

Gustavo is purely a holding midfielder who would be a good signing for City but IN ADDITION to Fernandinho, not INSTEAD OF. Fernandinho is a dynamic midfielder which Gustavo isn't. Gustavo is a good holding midfielder who would protect the defence well in place of Garcia and/or Barry. He offers much less than Fernandinho beyond the half way line.

Alonso lost a step last season and is on the decline. City have done well to avoid him even though I would have loved him here once. It was obvious against Dortmund that he's lost something at the highest level.

Bender and Gundogan are both unavailable. If Dortmund had any willingness to sell more players, do you think they'd still be there? They are being very careful not to do a Porto and let themselves be asset stripped. Real Madrid and the rags have both sent for Gundogan, but Dortmund risk riots if they sell more big players (Reus another who is staying) after Gotze and with Lewandowski's exit inevitable.

You could wheel off names all day... you forgot the best, Vidal - but like some of the others he simply isn't available and you can't make a club sell unless you offer something like £60million (that is about what Vidal would cost). We got possibly the best available. Fernandinho was desperate to join so unlike some of the others was obtainable... Brazil's selectors ignore Ukraine so he will be hugely motivated (unlike someone on a last pay day like Alonso) to impress this year.

The fact you say Inler is better than Fernandinho makes me think you watch very little football. Inler is decent but not even close to Fernandinho's level... you have it in your mind now that Fernandinho isn't good though, so I won't even bother trying to argue that.

Try supporting the player instead of being so CLEARLY desperate for him to fail. Very egotistical.

Bewar3them00n said:
LoveCity said:
blightee said:
what a load of shit; he is not a 34.8million pound player, there are plenty of better midfielders that we could have gone after with that kind of money. He is not better than Paulinho, who is younger and went for half the price. Modric went to madrid last season for the exact same price, Modric is far and away a better player and more representitve of what a 35 million pound player should be. We got ripped off by Shaktar because it appears we had no other real targets, and they knew it.

Fernandinho cost £30million since he waived a bonus. You've had it in for him since day one, your post history shows that and are desperate for your point to be proven. It's sad when someone's ego does that and you'll be willing him to fail all season now so you can do the "I told you so" thing.

And Paulinho has proven nothing yet in Europe, his first stint was a failure. He's matured into a good player but Fernandinho has shown more at a higher level. Paulinho may end up great but City want instant results in the Champions League and Fernandinho was excellent against Dortmund, Juventus AND Chelsea last season.

Fernandinho has been good in pre-season and the signs are very promising especially as in his own words he isn't 100% and may take some time to adjust. Just look at his pass for Micah's goal against Sunderland. That was first class and was a sign of an all-round midfielder who can pass, dribble, tackle, and shoot. A range of qualities neither Barry, Garcia or De Jong can boast.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybUrqxtLq34[/youtube]

Hear, hear! Fernandinho is an upgrade on NDJ, and has shown already that his partnership with Yaya in midfield will potentially dominate any, and everyone they come up against.
He is just the player we needed, he will prove money well spent if it enables us to get out of the CL group stages, and win back the title.
I think the vast majority of City fans are more than happy with our new arrivals, I am.

Absolutely. he is going to be a fantastic player this season. Poor old blightee is doing everything possible to WUM. I notice that he said elsewhere that Nasri should start ahead of Merlin and that Negredo can't finish. I don't know what colours he has on his bedroom wall, but put it this way I am fairly certain it isn't Blue. I detect just a little bit of jealousy in the tone.

blightee said:
paulinho is better and went for 17mil
How do you watch Real Sociedad, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Everton, Corinthians and City each week?

It's impressive however you manage to do it tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.