Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
Still early days but after watching him in 2 competitive games nothing special he can't tackle for a start

He can tackle. He's completed 6 successful tackles in 2 games. Barry averaged 2 tackles per game last season, Garcia 1.1 tackles per game. Fernandinho averaging 3 per game already, which is about Busquets' tackling average.

I'd say he was better than Yaya today, but neither was great. But it's as much a tactical thing as anything, neither is a traditional holding midfielder so we were left exposed.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
mammutly said:
I'll go back to what i said on page 5 of this thread - he reminds me of Jo. Big hype, big price, on the edges of the Brazilian national team, but not quite the star he was made out to be. He just isn't a great footballer.

based on two games one of which he played great he is now like JO,.....

He has pace and vision. Can pick a pass and, if given space, can look skillful. However, his ball control and balance is not that quick or instinctive, so he sometimes looks clumsy - especially under pressure. I watched him carefully in pre-season too and his shortcomings are obvious. I think he is capable of being a premier league player, but I doubt he's good enough for us and his price tag ( if true) seems very inflated.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Train said:
HolisticJim said:
Doesn't look all that.
Never understood why Milner isn't played there next to Yaya.

Your kidding right...

why didnt milner win young player of the year playing in the middle for villa
Kyle Walker won it playing at RB for Tottenham a few years back.

Doesn't mean shit.

Fernandinho is a class above Milner in midfield. Give the lad a chance.

I don't understand why people continue to criticize players without giving them a chance. Same thing happened with Yaya and Silva.

CTID101 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Train said:
Your kidding right...

why didnt milner win young player of the year playing in the middle for villa
Kyle Walker won it playing at RB for Tottenham a few years back.

Doesn't mean shit.

Fernandinho is a class above Milner in midfield. Give the lad a chance.

I don't understand why people continue to criticize players without giving them a chance. Same thing happened with Yaya and Silva.

i havent critized anyone mate. I dont think milner should be in the middle, but its not as if he woul be bad there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.