Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes fitzroy simpson look like an accomplished midfielder. Time will tell I guess but for £30 million i'd have expected a lot more out of him today tbh.

He has been in the league for 2 games only. Give him time and he will show who he is.

I thought he had a pretty bad game today, but today will teach him alot about what to expect in the Premier League.

I still think he his trying to find confidence, it took him until late in the the second half against Newcastle to see any wonder-ball diagonal passes to the wingers, but today I don't think I saw him attempt one.

Give it a few months until we see more going forward from Fernadinho in my opinion, I think with his current state of confidence and being in an new team he plays everything too safe and doesn't want to make mistakes.

LoveCity said:
There will often be balance issues with Yaya/Fernandinho, maybe not so much at home when we are hunting in packs. But neither of them are 'terriers' who will screen the defence like Medel for Cardiff was for example. In games like this, you either play a three (with Yaya further forward) with a proper holding midfielder or make a sacrifice. I think Fernandinho looks very skillful going forward, he can almost morph into a winger at will too, but the defence is left exposed.
Problem is we only have 1 decent holding midfielder in Barry who looks likely to be sold.

menorcansunshine said:
He makes fitzroy simpson look like an accomplished midfielder. Time will tell I guess but for £30 million i'd have expected a lot more out of him today tbh.
Funny that-that's who he reminds me of. But I guess given time he will settle. They must have seen something.

I'm sure he will improve over time, because he cannot possible be this bad, like he was today.

But if you cannot expect such an experienced and expensive player to deliver the goods - on at least an average basis right away, then I don't know what to say. Piss poor performance, and his price tag is a fucking joke. Yes hopefully times will change, but its so damn naive to defend him and just say - give him time.

He's not some young promising player, he's supposed to be an experienced professional. And how come we see other players hit it off right away? He really deserves the abuse, but at the same time I'm not writing him off. But let's be feckin honest and just tell it like it is.

I'll go back to what i said on page 5 of this thread - he reminds me of Jo. Big hype, big price, on the edges of the Brazilian national team, but not quite the star he was made out to be. He just isn't a great footballer.

Still early days but after watching him in 2 competitive games nothing special he can't tackle for a start and he is easily tackled but he has a bit if pace and can pass the ball oh he has experience at the top level as in champions league football

mammutly said:
I'll go back to what i said on page 5 of this thread - he reminds me of Jo. Big hype, big price, on the edges of the Brazilian national team, but not quite the star he was made out to be. He just isn't a great footballer.

based on two games one of which he played great he is now like JO,.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.